65: hold back ♡

warning: mature content

you chatted with kakucho while he cooked dinner for the two of you. he seemed more energetic than when you first saw him that night, which wasn't hard to do but was a relief regardless. and of course dinner was amazing.

"you can help yourself to more if you want." kakucho told you after you finished eating. he had double the portion you had and was still working on finishing it.

"i'm stuffed, but it was delicious." you complimented. "thanks for inviting me over. i've been a little lonely the past couple of days."

"have you not seen anyone?" his head perked up interest.

"besides koko, no." you said, staring down at your plate.

kakucho paused. the guys had been working long hours lately and people were constantly in and out, but he wasn't aware everyone had stopped seeing you completely.

they wanted to find this guy to ensure your safety, but none of them wanted you to be alone because of it.

"i'm sorry to hear that. we can spend the rest of the evening together if you want." he suggested.

"sounds fun. do you have anything in mind?" you asked.

"we can share a bottle of wine and watch a movie?"

"deal." you smiled.

you started thinking of movies you could watch when kakucho spoke again.

"also, i heard you have a phone now. would you mind if we exchanged contact information?" he asked.

you gave him a knowing smile, and he gave you a sheepish one back.

"sure." you answered, pulling out your phone from your back pocket and handed it to him.

kakucho raised his eyebrows, wondering why you didn't even unlock it first.

"you don't have a passcode on your phone?" he guessed.

"mikey disabled it." you rolled your eyes.

he chuckled before he unlocked your phone.

you must have forgotten that your texts were open before you gave it to him. kakucho tried not to look, but he noticed a message from rindou saying you could hang out as soon as he was free. based on the time stamp, he had sent it a couple days ago.

closing out your messages, he went to your contacts and added his number to it. he also called his phone with yours so he could save your number later too.

"thank you." he said as he handed you your phone.

"no problem." you replied as you went to check his contact, noticing he had only saved his first name.

"no last name?" you asked, turning your screen towards him.

he shook his head.

"no. i left that name behind a long time ago."

you weren't really sure what to say to that, so you just hummed in acknowledgement and went to put your phone away.

"although i've thought about taking my wife's name if i got married." he added as an afterthought.

"you would?" you asked, not being able to hide the surprise in your voice.

"i don't see why not." kakucho answered. "would you take your husband's family name?"

"probably. i don't have a strong attachment to l/n." you shrugged.

"didn't your mom or your brother have the same name though?"