47: together

"i'm here to pick you up, princess." mochi told you, giving you a big smile.

something about it was off putting to you.

"pick me up? for what?" your gaze narrowed slightly.

mochi noticed your suspicion, but he wasn't concerned.

he knew exactly how he needed to play this. after all, he had given mochi very specific instructions on what to do and say.

"mikey needs your help on something." he responded. "now let's go."

"this can't wait until tomorrow? i'm busy."

he furrowed his angular eyebrows at you.

"busy? doing what?"

"i'm going to dinner with rindou." you told him, hoping that would be enough for him to take the hint and leave. or that rindou would overhear you talking in the hallway and butt in.

"so can you just tell mikey that i can take care of it first thing tomorrow?" you asked.

mochi hesitated, looking conflicted for a split second as he took in your slightly pleading expression. but he knew he had orders to carry out.

"no can do, princess. we need you now." he said quickly, looking off to the side so he could feel less guilty turning you down.

did i not suck mikey's dick good enough to get me out of this one? you wondered in annoyance.

"fine. let's get this over with." you said.

you let out a huff before you slipped on a pair of shoes, not caring that you had a different pair that would go better with your outfit. walking out into the hallway, you pointed at the apartment door across from yours.

"should we let rindou know so he can come too?" you made a step towards his door, but mochi held up a hand to stop you.

"we can text him on the way there." he said quickly.

you continued to eye him, studying his expression as you put your hand by your side again. you turned towards him fully to signal that you were going to follow his lead, and he started walking down the hallway towards the elevator.

your eyes were glued to his face though, half expecting him to break.

why the hell is she staring at me like that for? mochi wondered before remembering.

oh right, i forgot she's smart...

he avoided eye contact with you as you went down to the garage and got into his car. unlike some of the others who chose to drive sports cars, mochi drove a large suv, which seemed kind of fitting since he was built like a gorilla.

you were still watching him as he started his car, starting to feel like he was under pressure from you.

"you're hiding something." you said. "why?"

"i'm not hiding anything." he refused, side glancing at you before bringing his eyes back to the road to pull out of his parking spot.

"'kay." you rolled your eyes, crossing your arms over your chest before trying a different tactic.

"where are we going?"

"the location he sent us." mochi responded.

you continued to question him, but he seemed to have an evasive answer for everything. where you were going, what you'd be doing, the whole purpose of this, whatever the hell it was.

even though mochi had thoroughly prepared for any questions you threw at him, something about the way you seemed to see through his act put him on edge. and since he wasn't used to being deceitful, he wanted this to just be over as quickly as possible.