{Plot 1} •Chapter •TWÕ

: Enjoy this chapter and thank youuuu for choosing my book✾

𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘❉

"Move over broom" I hissed, pushing the long equipment over to the other side of the supply closet. Pulling my legs closer I grumbled when my page flipped close.

Fiddlesticks!

Nibbling on my lips I hastily flipped through the excess pages, looking for my book mark. "Audrey! Audrey!" Luna's high pitched voice echoed through the hallway bringing me to a halt. I stopped breathing, afraid she'd hear me and find my hiding spot.

Sugars

"Where is this girl?" Her footsteps neared the closet doors, my breath getting caught in my throat at her close proximity to catching me. I let out a shaky breath when her footsteps fade away, giving me enough time to get out and run to her.

Pushing the creaking doors open I stuck my head through, letting my eyes wander all over the hallway. The ghost is clear. Sighing in content I slipped out, closing my book and hiding it under the many napkins that resided in the closet. Promising to come back and find my bookmark I whispered a quiet 'goodbye' and shut the doors. I tiptoed out of the hallway, heading for the kitchen.

I halted in my steps, almost smacking my face straight into the Luna. She stood there, hands on her hips, her scrutinizing gaze on me. Her nose was scrunched up in distaste, her mouth twisted in an ugly scowl. Yikes.
"Audrey, I have been looking for you all morning"

Lier

"Sorry L-luna" I apologized, bowing my head in surrender. I stared at her ballet flats, not wanting to look her in the eyes and have her punish me for being disrespectful. The last thing I wanted was to be whipped again or worse starved. I'd been on good behavior ever since my last punishment but I had a feeling it wouldn't last, at least not now that the young Alpha was back home. "Do you need me for anything?" I asked, offering my help before she'd ask for it, hoping my well strategized tactics would work in appeasing her anger.

Honestly I was always getting into trouble for responding to calls late or never answering at all. Most getting me punished. I couldn't help myself really, I'd rather answer late than have anyone find my hiding place, it was my escape from everything. I'd go there all the time to read or just cry whenever everything got so hard and suffocating. I had to remind myself why I was here and putting up with all this. Just a few more days and I'd be out. I would be eternally grateful for the books I stole from the pack library, no one ever went in there anyway so I figured no one would notice and they didn't. Those books saved me from breaking down or just flat out having one of my meltdowns. It kept me in check. I'd spend hours cooked up in the supply closet or in the Alpha's private garden, reading and spending time with the gorgeous sunflowers. It made a lot of my days easier. Spending thirty minutes to an hour alone with my books would get me through a month or two of struggles.

"Yes" she finally answered. Raising my head I kept my gaze fixated on her hands, the new bracelet that hung at her wrists unmissable. The Alpha must have gifted it to her as a compensation. Most often Luna would catch her husband with his mistress and immediately get offended. It was common for Alphas to have mistresses, most often it would be mandatory. But Luna hated the idea of sharing her husband with anyone else, be it his mate-only mistress Gertrude. She was honestly the sweetest person I had ever met. She never interfered in pack matters to let herself be known, she understood finding her mate after so many years and that he already had two children would mean she won't be anything more than a mistress to him, she accepted it. She would do anything to stay by her mate's side. It was so honorable what people would do just for their mates, but sadly not every one got to meet theirs in their life time. The idea of dropping everything for your mate most often never sat right with a lot of people and I was included, I had big plans and a mate wasn't one of them.