{Plot 3}• CHÄPTËR X

𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘⚘

"Where is Astrid?" I asked once I met the rest of my ladies.

"Right here" I heard her voice from beside me, turning I met a smile on her lips. She had two cups of wine in her hands as she came in for a group hug.

"Hey, how was your trip?" I inquired with a smile on my face as well. I wasn't really interested to be honest, anything to take my mind of the fact that I almost wet myself just from Darius touching me.

"It was good, good. I'm back now and I wanna know everything that happened when I was away" she grinned excitedly, passing me a glass of wine. I took the cup and smiled at her in appreciation.

"Well Audrey's life is officially over, the elders are here today and I over heard what they said to her" Greer started. My eyes widened and almost immediately my cheeks bleached a deep red tinge, "So basically the maids have been um.. Hearing their activities and spilled everything to the elders and now they are expecting a little heir very soon" she squealed and everyone joined in except for Astrid

I felt the blood flood my face at this point. "I'm sure it's going to happen today" Orchid blurted wiggling her brows teasingly at me.

"What? Why today?" I asked genuinely confused.

"Oh I thought you knew" Greer grinned at me as she subtly glanced towards Astrid who was sipping on her wine quietly.

"For all wolves the wolf moon meant little pups are coming!" Anaise cheered clasping her hands together and my eyes widened.

Greer rolled her eyes at her, "To put in mature terms it's mostly where couples mate because it's what nature demands. It's literally the opening event to the mating season where it is believed that all male wolves are um" she stopped clearing her throat awkwardly while I listened on intently. "Are at their peak and it's the best time for she wolves to get pregnant" instantly I flushed a deeper red if that was even possible.

Sugars. I could tell if I kept blushing like this my cheeks would fall off. "It's probably why the elders are here, it's like a ceremony of some sorts"

I felt frozen to the spot. S-seriously!? Was that why Darius told me not to make him wait! Now everything seemed to be adding up and my stomach clenched both in anticipation and nervousness. So everyone looked at me throughout this event keeping in mind that Darius and I were going to consummate our bond tonight?

"Oh don't fuss about it!" Greer threw her hand over my shoulder. "Come on there's this dreamer I want us to go see! Come now girls" Greer pulled me along as we went to the sitting area away from the crowds that swarmed the ball room. We took a seat at the tables and my mind was still reeling, the color on my cheek was definitely not fading any time soon. I gazed up to see a man, he looked to be in his late thirties. I tried my best to push all the not so innocent thoughts that rose in my mind and focus on what was happening.

What exactly was happening? He looked to be shuffling some cards in front of him and he had his gaze transfixed on what he was doing so much so that I just had to gaze down on the cards as well. They looked to have different drawings and inscriptions on them most I didn't recognize the drawings nor could I pinpoint exactly what they said but they held this mystical beauty to them.

"Don't worry Audrey, maybe Nostradamus will predict your pregnancy very soon!" Orchid giggled as I threw her a frightened look. Just then the man-Nostradamus seemed to stop his shuffling. He spread the cards out in front of us, he turned to Greer.

"I will read your fortunes and please heed my warnings I know not more than you do only what the cards say and only what I see shall I say" I gulped down at the seriousness and the depth in his words. The atmosphere seemed to tense up as he presented three cards before Greer, placing them above the other.