{Plot 3}• CHAPTÉR XXVIII

♡•♡•♡

𝘼𝙐𝘿𝙍𝙀𝙔

Cheers erupted, bouncing off the walls and echoing throughout the ball room. My racing heart calmed and a relieved smile broke out on my lips. Admittedly I took notice of the lot of people that were not cheering, instead they were gossiping, giving me dirty looks. While others stared on in indifference.

I hadn't even taken notice off the grand doors being pulled open until a loud roar booms through the halls, cheers spilling through the doors. The amount of approvals we were getting made my cheeks bleach crimson. So many people supported our union, it wasn't as bad as I'd thought. We were the first human, wolf couple, the first mixed specie couple. It was shocking that we received so much love from the people. I guess that was all thanks to their love for their king.

Suddenly Darius tugs me forward, his hand circling my waist as I crash against his form. One hand cups my cheeks while the other presses me flushed against himself as he guides my lips to his, moulding his lips to mine. The cheering grows louder and louder and I let my eyes flutter shut, knowing full well if I left them open I would get embarrassed and pull away. I let my mind calm and only focus on one person, out of the millions of people I only focus on Darius as his lips move against mine, deepening the kiss. I let my hands fall against his chest, the cheers getting so loud they make more blood rush to my face.

Feeling embarrassed and shy I pull away, gazing away to hide my blush. Darius and I walk into the crowd and immediately noble ladies and titled woman swarm me and somewhere within the chaos I loose touch with Darius. I feel someone grip my wrist, pulling me through the crowd of ladies. I was finally released in the middle of the food isle. I turn and immediately a female form crashes into me, arms wrapping around my body.

"Oh my gosh you two are finally engaged!" Lady Monica came into view, beaming from ear to ear. "I'm so happy for the both of you"

"Thank you so much" I smiled genuinely, letting the waves of excitement hit me.

"So this is your engagement party! Very soon it would be your marriage, no wonder so many noble ladies arrived" her voice flattened at the end, her gaze narrowing into a glare.

"I noticed it as well, they were looking at Darius weirdly" I inform her, already feeling my blood begin to boil. "Why did they show up? They don't seem to be titled, they should be princesses of Lords because they are unmarried"

"Because they are looking for an opportunity to make a move on his highness. They want to be his mistresses, they came to Lord Bernard and my engagement as well, trying to pounce with their claws but he turned them down. They must surely want to create an avenue for themselves as the King's mistress"

By the time Lady Monica finished my eyes we're already flickering round the ball looking for Darius but there was no sight of him. I can't believe they would openly give themselves away to married males like that! Encouraging them to cheat their wives! That was disgusting and outrageous.

"I'm sure they won't even be able to get close to his highness, no need to worry my princess"

Elder Monica aims to soothe me but her words only do little to help. It's not that I don't trust Darius, I do, he won't cheat on me, never. But it was those predators I didn't trust, they would do anything to make sure they sink their claws into my man.

"I know Lady Monica, I trust him. But I would feel better if I knew where he was at the moment"

Why did he have to be somewhere else right now?

"I'll help you look" she opts and I nod, thanking her and she agrees to come find me if she spots him. We scatter, hoping to cover more ground. I search through the halls but he's nowhere to be found, just great!