{Plot 1} •Chapter ♤FØŪr

𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘❅

I was always used to waking up very early to start my chores but this, this was way too early. I didn't get much sleep after Hunter's visit to my room.

I woke to the screams of Luna demanding me to be downstairs in my uniform in the next 5 minutes. I didn't have enough time to bathe so I pulled my stringy curls into a quick bun to prevent it getting in the way but it came loose, falling at the nape of my neck. I didn't have much time to focus on it so I hastily changed into my uniform

I uncomfortably pulled down at the hems, hating the way it rose and exposed my legs. The first time I got it was 5 years ago and now it was way too short for my liking. I grimaced when I looked at my reflection in the window once again. I didn't need unnecessary attention on me, especially not the one I knew I would get from Hunter. Deciding to just suck it up I wrapped my white hand knitted sweater around my waist, hoping it would do its job and cover the back of my exposed thighs.

I padded down the stairs, careful not to move too much to avoid my dress flying up. I knew if I asked I wouldn't be allowed another uniform so I had to make due with this. I joined the rest of the omegas- five in total- to load the packaged essentials into the cars. We were to be transported in a separate car and taken to the venue before the rest of the pack members arrived. I walked back into the kitchen to grab the last packet of food. I checked the cabinets, the pantry but I didn't find it. I crouched down to check the lower cabinets but it still wasn't there. Spotting it on the counter I picked it up and opened it, the smell wafting up my nostrils making my stomach growl. I shut my eyes tight, reigning in the temptation to take a bite. I still felt my head throbbing and my lack of sleep last night wasn't helping matters. Today was going to be a busy day and my punishment still extended to the ball. I didn't know how I would survive. I still felt dizzy and my limbs ached, but I had to go through this to come out free at the end of the day.

If I made the mistake of slipping up or not doing my job well I knew the Alpha would make it his personal obligation to hunt me down and make my life a living hell.

I could do this, just a few more hours.

Pushing the lid back on I secured the packet to my body, turning around to walk away. If I delayed it would all be to my detriment. I bumped into a wall, stumbling back. My head hurt, my forehead throbbed as I rubbed it, spluttering out apologies to the wall.

Looking up, all the air in my lungs were knocked out when my eyes met with piercing blue orbs. I stepped back, careful to keep a reasonable distance between us, knowing very well the way I was dressed would trigger him. "I-im sorry I, I didn't see you" I apologised meekly, diverting my gaze from his.

"Please Audrey, it kills me to see you suffer like this" he said to me, his tone soft and remorseful. "Agree to be mine and all this would end" he gestured to my attire, his eyes going dark as they took in my form. I pulled down the dress, feeling uncomfortable under his lustful gaze. "You will be my mate and no one would subject you to punishments ever again. The Luna, my sister and the Alpha would never be able to torment you ever again. Please my love" he pleaded, his hand coming to cup my cheeks, raising my gaze to meet his. I flinched away from his cold touch, adjusting my stance.

My lips parted and I was about to speak when he interrupted me, "Don't you dare address me as young Alpha" he warned, his tone dangerous. "Address me by my name. I love you and I want you by my side"

My eyes went wide and I tried to ignore his pleading gaze. Did he really think we were mates? "H-hunter" I said quietly, the way his eyes shone with a spark of hope made me feel so guilty. "We aren't mates. I'm sorry but i-i don't love you" I quietly said, regretting it when he painfully grabbed my jaw, forcing my eyes to meet his.