{Plot 3}• CHÃPTËR XII

𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘♕

I called out to the little child as he seemed to disappear the further into the shadows he went. He had lead me to this seemingly dark cave, the sounds of his sobs echoed, bouncing off the walls and making my heart squeeze. I wanted to hold him and ask what the matter was but I couldn't seem to find him now.

Taking careful steps I heard a soft feminine voice whisper, "Over there"

It was vague but I got the directions and turned a corner to see the little boy's battered and bruised form cuddled in on himself in a corner. His shoulders wracked with sobs and his body shook violently. He didn't look to be wearing any clothes but something about his presence felt familiar. I could feel this deep ache in my heart as he continued to cry bitterly. I stepped fowsed, careful not to startle him but a snap came from below my shoe and he stilled. Glancing down there was a broken branch under my foot that had caused the noise upon breaking.

I looked back up to see the boy turn sharply, what stared back at me left my heart sinking in my chest-his scared, hollow, broken golden eyes flashed into mine. They looked frightened and I was taken aback by the amount of pain I could see reflecting in them but when I recovered I noticed those eyes, I had seen before, those long golden brown curls..

Before I could step forward a voice came, stopping me in my movements "Next time my child"

A sharp gasp left my lips as my eyes snapped open. It felt like I had been under water and I was just brought up so the oxygen had just rushed into my lungs. It took me a while to register my surroundings and adjust my eyes to the light. When I did I spotted my robe sprawled on the ground and just then I felt a warm breath hit my neck. Only now did I begin to realise there was a warm body presses up against my behind.

Strong arms wrapped around my stomach, holding me firmly to his body. He spooned me, his head resting in the crook of my neck. I could feel the rise and fall of his chest against my back and I shivered slightly, feeling every muscle of his pressed up against me.

The only thing I managed to recall was talking to Phoenix and then it all went black. Everything seemed distant and vague but I remembered our conversation, well at least little of it. Immediately I froze in place as I felt Darius stir, a low groan coming from his throat. He nestled his head deeper into the crook of my neck and I felt my pulse quicken as his lips brushed my bare skin. I felt a shock flow through my veins when his arms tighten around me, one of which slowly drawing down my stomach, disappearing into the comforter to stop and caress my open thigh. My breath hitched in my throat and a low whimper left my lips.

"Morning baby" his low timber rumbled in my ear, sending pleasured sensations through my body right to my core.

My cheeks in an instant bleached pink as I shut my eyes tight in an attempt to hide the shake in my voice as I replied, "M-morning" I answered quietly. I tried to bury my face into the pillow to hide my blush but I didn't get to as Darius grabbed onto my waist firmly, crawling on top of me.

My palms went to cover my cheeks as I peaked at his face through my fingers. I smiled at him as I watched his eyes roam my face, going down to drink in my dress.
"I heard everything" he spoke but I was too lost staring at him to take note of what he said. "What you said to Phoenix" he explained and then the images of what happened between Phoenix and I flashed in my mind and I flushed even deeper. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you he doesn't speak any other language but Latin" he smiled apologeticly, his eyes noticeably drifting down to my breasts as he spoke.

"It was okay, we um found a way" the mind link definitely helped and it was a new development I was surprised I didn't know about. "Do we still have the mind link?"