{Plot 3}• CHÄPTÉR XVI

𝘼𝙐𝘿𝙍𝙀𝙔

As we walked closer and closer to the dining hall grand doors I felt sick to my stomach. I had found out Maximus had been thrown into the cells along with our guards, we all fell for their peaceful facade and now as I slowly approached these doors I had this feeling like I was walking into the lion's den and I was a pour defenseless deer.

The doors were pushed open by two of Vandal's gairds as they stared down at us with more than eager eyes. There were going to be a problem for my plans. Watching then with cautious eyes we walked into the room to be welcomed by all Vandal's men sitted around the table already eating. Despite the clear discomfort on the three elders faces they were seated right at their seats with a tight smile fixated on all their faces. We made our way around to our seats. Before I could pull out the chair between Orchid and Greer I watched from the corner of my eye as Vandal stood and took slowly steps in my direction. I waited and watched him till he was right in front of me.

"You'll sit next to me darling" he smiled, offering me his hand.

I wanted to do everything but accept. I wanted to slap his hand away and storm out but one glance towards Elder Azalia and I had to resist my outburst. She gave me a subtle node and I forced every muscle in my body to comply to place my hand in his. He wrapped his fingers around my hand tightly and I felt repulsed instantly. He pulled me along to the seat closest to his. Going behind me he pulled it out. Reluctantly I stepped in the space, lowering myself onto the seat.

His hand brushed the nape making me jolt and turn to look at his form still at my back. He have a small smile before walking over and taking his seat. I kept my eyes trained on him as the maids all poured into the room and began serving. There were plates upon plates of food and they wasted no time in digging in. They chewed like animals with no table manners whatsoever.

Whereas their psychotic leader just watched me closely as I frowned down at my plate with my balled fists folded on my laps. In all honesty I had no appetite whatsoever, it was hard to swallow food or pretend like seeing these intruders here enjoying themselves wasn't making my blood boil. The had deceived my mate and only the goddess knows what he had ridden into and now I was here expected to smile and entertain his euserpers.

"You haven't touched your food darling. Is it not to your liking? " I heard Vandal ask from beside me, a little too close he was. He had leaned to whisper into my ear and I felt a shiver run down my spine.

Swallowing the words that threatened to spill I chose to respond with taking hold of my fork and stabbing the piece of chicken that laid on my plate. Bringing the piece to my lips I bit it off and began munching. I turned to Vandal with a tight lipped smile, turning away after he'd pulled back.

The rest of the feast was swallowed in silence, the only form of noise being the clatter of utensils against the plates and the chatter from Vandal's men. Suddenly Elder Azalia stood up, grabbing hold of her cup of wine she softly cleared her throat getting the attention of everyone in the room.

"Please gentlemen, accept this small token we give to you" she ushered forward two kitchen maids who walked in with a chest. They dropped it on the table before bowing and making their way out.

Griffon opened the lid of the chest to reveal gold coins spilling from the edges. Immediately the men rushed the coins, feeling them and even going as far as to smell them. Their eyes grew bigger as they stuffed the coins into their pockets greedily, completely forgetting their meals.

"I hope this is enough to appease your men" Elder Azalia smiled proud of the reaction she seemed certain to get. Vandal continued to munch on his food not looking up once. I wondered if he had heard her at all and if he did why he wasn't reacting. It was terrifying how still he remained. Then in an instant his mood shifted, I could tell by the cold look his face held as he glanced up at Elder Azalia.