{Plot 3}• CHÀPTER XXVII

♡ 𝘼𝙐𝘿𝙍𝙀𝙔 ♡

I inhale a deep breath, trying to calm my erratic heart.
Six hours after my meeting with Darius and it was time, all the people in Darius's court were piled up in the grand ball room, awaiting my arrival.

I felt a militia of nerves march down my spine, making a drop of sweat trickle down the side of my head. I tightly fisted my ring in my hand, haven removed it so non of my ladies take notice of it. But now that they had left the room I slipped it back on, my hands trembling.
I run my hands down the length of my dress, taking in deep breaths in a futile attempt to calm myself.

Just breathe Audrey, inhale and exhale. I tried to follow such a simple action, the simplest action I had been performing since birth, to breathe, to open my lungs so air could flow through but I was thinking too much, too hard. So hard that the simple action felt like the hardest I ever had to do. Panting heavily I got up from the seat in front of my dressing mirror and settled in front of the full frame mirror that had been left in my chambers. Looking myself over I continued to walk around, my feet having a mind of their own and taking me in circles.

It wasn't like I was about to walk down those stairs with my fiance- soon to be husband and announce in front of the whole of werewolf and human kind alike that we were engaged to be married. The first union between two different species, two species in which one had dominated for centuries. I was a victim of such domination and now I- a former omega to the Silver Moon pack was engaged to the king of the realm, the one to bring a change, a shift in the line of succession. To tell everyone that they will be ruled by a human and a wolf, to tell everyone that their future heir will be a half blood, of both my blood and the blood of their king.

It's not like we were changing the fate of millions of people or anything. Of course we were! Using my hand to rapidly flutter across my face I tried to calm down, continuing my turtorous steps. Settling on the bed my dress puffed out around me, not even letting me see my own legs. Suddenly another wave of anxiety came crashing into me with so much speed. What if I tripped on my dress? Maybe I should change. I got up, taking hasty steps to the mirror where I looked myself up and down. The red and gold of the dress looked gorgeous on me, admittedly. But what if it was too much?

Ruby assured me Darius would be wearing something similar so I had nothing to worry about. Well it was easy to say, Darius looked devastatingly attractive in anything he put on. Even if he wore a tunic and dark jeans he would still look sexier than any Lord wearing the most expensive silks. There could be no comparison.
But me? I hardly could pull off any of these gowns, maybe I was too short, maybe my skin was too pale, maybe my brows were to dark.

I moaned like a dove, completely frustrated. Dark shards, tightened with anxiety and fear, cupid bow shaped lips painted a soft red to match with my dress, eyebrows and lashes darkened to create a magnificent contrast with my fair skin. And cheeks, blushed with pink coloring, as if they'd do anything but worsen my anxious blotched cheeks.

There was no way I could go down there, I just couldn't. I needed to change everything, even down to my hair.

Stomping to my bed I plopped down, pulling out my knitting wool and needle from the nearby drawer. I began knitting, tugging, looping and manipulating the thread in an attempt to calm my nerves with the all so familiar action.

"In comes his Royal Highness! King Lockhart, is entering the room!" A loud male voice interrupts my thoughts and immediately my head snaps to the door being pulled open.

The split second where my eyes lock onto Darius's I take off, taking strides as fast as I could in this dress. Throwing myself at him I wrap my arms around his neck, burying my face into the his shoulder as I let out a whimper and he catches me effortlessly. Silence envelopes me for a second before I hear awkward coughs and quiet coos. I raise my head to see a few guards and maids along with Elder Elfrid and Elder Irene. Instantly my cheeks darken, embarrassment creeping up my neck and taking hold of my whole body.