{Plot 1} •Chapter ✥ËLÈVÈÑ

"You need to learn how to keep him under control" Ryker whispered, according to the sensitive topic with the tenderness it deserved.

"I can't keep him under control" I shook my head, looking black at her beautiful face. I felt the ache in my chest ease up a bit. She made it all better. "You know it's coming" I spoke vaguely, looking back up at Ryker. His peculiar orbs held fear and restraint. He knew what was coming and what he had to do.

It was never easy on him. It was never easy on any of them.

"But she's here. It can be different" he pitched in, invading my mental debate.

I shook my head, looking back at him, "You see what happens? Phoenix is dangerous, he's getting out and when he does.. " I trailed off, taking my eyes back to the only piece of salvation I had right now. Was she meant for this? No, I couldn't risk her like that.

"It's two celestial events away Darius" he reminded me, making my hands go rigid, stopping me from tracing the curve of Audrey's face. Her skin always calmed Phoenix's unsteady movements down.

I sighed deeply, depressed and completely exhausted with this, "I am aware, Ryker. I could never forget " I stared off into space, memories flashing through my open eyelids. "She can't be a part of it" I forced out, every vein, artery and muscle in my body disapproving.

"But-" Ryker moved in to interject but I raised my hand, dismissing his words.

I turned to him, pain, agony and a contradicting determination reflecting my intentions " Promise me" I demanded. "promise me you'll keep her away. Keep me detained till it passes. If I hurt her I'll die" I whispered, my voice a shell of a whisper.

"I-" he hesitated. I could see the wheels behind his eyes turning, processing.

"You know he'll come for her and if he does there's no telling what he'll do. He'll hurt her" saying the words out loud made me physically ache. The thought of me being the reason Audrey got hurt, it sent Phoenix whimpering. He was at a crossroad where he had to keep away, for our mate, for Audrey. We were too dangerous. We had to stay away as much as we could. Perhaps the effects would be less intense if we spent less time in her presence, with her heavenly scent and innocent beauty. My little kitten.

"I promise" he said, his lips set in a firm line as my eyes met his. He told a tale of promise, loyalty and trust. I could trust Ryker with my life and now I was trusting him with my mate's. I was his Alpha, my command came first but now I was putting Audrey before everything else. Everything was at stake here. She was my everything.

✳✳✳

She had finally woken up. After two agonizing weeks of treatment she woke up. I spent those days watching her from a distance, never getting too close. Phoenix hated me for it, most times he threatened to come out and go to Audrey whether it was permitted or not. I couldn't allow it, I had to force him back in. We had to do this for her safety...The Blood Moon was coming... it could destroy everything, just one wrong move and everything could go up in flames. We couldn't let that happen.

I had tried my hardest to avoid scaring her but the moment her eyes settled on me, big black doe eyes that covered half of her face peered up at me. A mix of curiosity and fear danced within their lighter spectrums. She was frightened, she must have realized who I was but I could tell she didn't know who I was to her. She only saw me as my title, The King of my kind.. Alpha King Darius Lockhart and when she addressed me as king or your highness I had never hated those titles as much as I did at that moment.

I was being unreasonable I admit but I couldn't help wanting to hear my name roll off her lips. Her perfect plum cupid bow shaped lips, as enchanting as they were eager to speak.