{Plot 2}• Chapter sévèn

🎄❤

Audrey walked through the dark halls back to her chambers, her heart racing and her eyes darting around. Her pulse only calmed once she laid eyes on the guards.

She wrapped her hands around herself despite the sholl around her. The air was tranquil, the atmosphere blissful as she stopped at her private balcony, looking down at the front lawn of the palace and the fountain. Her eyes flickered up to the moon's bright smile. She let her mind wander to the things running in her thoughts. She had just placed her head on a chopping block by agreeing to Lord Odin and taking up his offer.

If they got caught then she would be killed no matter what Darius tried to do. The nobles would want her head, she would be an enemy to the crown even though she was the King's mate. It would put him in a difficult position, one that he didn't deserve to be in. She felt torn to say the least, there was still time to take back the deal and refuse now when no harm had been done yet. How did everything come to this? From being an omega in that hell to here, a supposed soon to be queen with friends.

She took in a deep breath as her mind ran haywire, her thoughts were running loose and she didn't stop them. The cool breeze whisked past her face, going to twirl in her hair. Pair of dark onyx eyes watched from the door, admiring how magnificent she looked in the moonlight, she looked like she was glowing. The pale skin of her neck was visible as the wind blew through her hair, pushing it to the side. He stood there for a while, watching her.

He had felt so uneasy after today's events and the only thing that could calm him down was her, just a glimpse of her had him sighing in satisfaction. He began strolling quietly towards her, his hands folded behind him. He stopped right behind her, her scent flooding his senses. He inhaled deeply, the sweetest and most intoxicating combination of vanilla and flowers invading all his senses and sending Phoenix into a frenzy.

A shiver flew up her spine, making her run a hand down her arm trying to create as much heat for herself as possible. She didn't want to go inside yet, she felt at peace here.

"It's beautiful" a deep velvet smooth voice boomed from her left ear making Audrey jump, startled by his close proximity. She let out a quick breath, her hand on her rising and falling chest.

She turned around and sure enough it was Darius, standing there-so close to her in his under shirt and dark trousers. "Darius" she called breathlessly. "You scared me" she sighed, her eyes meeting his.

"My apologies love, it wasn't my intention" he had a small smile on his face which managed to calm Audrey's still erratic heart. "I was just appreciating the beauty" he spoke vaguely.

She looked back outside and smiled at the moon who seemed to be shining a lot brighter now, or maybe she just liked the complement Darius gave her. "Yes, she is beautiful"

"Very" he smiled, his eyes still on a very oblivious Audrey. She was unaware he was talking about her beauty, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and he had no problem confessing it. Even now as she stood before him staring outside she looked breathtaking and he wondered how he had ever gone about his day without laying eyes on her. "What are you doing here love?" He asked, bringing her attention back to him.

"I couldn't sleep" she answered, absentminded. Her attention focused on the beads of water coming from the fountain.

"Me neither" Darius smiled down at her, his smile making hers grow. "Mind if I join you?" He asked sweetly, the hope gleaming in his eyes making her nod.

"Sure" she smiled, stepping a little to the side to allow him some space beside her. Realisation crosses her features and she turned to him sharply, "Are you alright? Ryker said you had followed some of the guards to go control the rogues that had been spotted" she let out frantically. "I hope they weren't too out of control and you weren't injured"