(Plot 2)• chàptêr elévēn

🔥💍

"Do you need anything my lady?" Raya- Audrey's favorite maid asked. She was the lady to leave Audrey's chambers every night and the first to come in the morning, even before her ladies. She had grown quite fond of the young lass and likewise the young maiden adored Audrey.

"No, thank you Raya" Audrey smiled sweetly towards the young girl. "How are the preparations going in the kitchen, are we still short on maids?"

"Oh no your majesty. Faye made sure more maids and servant boys were sent from the stables. She also says you shouldn't worry about anything, she's been trying her best to make your first first light celebration with us a huge success. I've never seen her so stressed before. Trust me you will love the celebrations"
Raya's smile never faltered as she continued folding down Audrey's blankets while the queen in mention knitted on her favorite windown seat.

"Would you need me to come back later to help you get ready for the party? You need to lol your very best, it's going to be your first real public appearance. The turn up is going to be much more that the one at your party. But no need to worry your majesty only nobles their wives and high borns will be there" Raya tried to assure Audrey who was playing little to no attention to the fact she was about to be introduced to a much larger crowd as the king's mate. Surely many more knew, news like these spread like wildfires around the kingdom but it would be manys first seeing her and suprisenly Audrey found something a lot more pressing to bother her mind with than the pressure imposed by the society.

"No don't worry. Orchid and Greer will be here to help me get ready. Take the afternoon off and make sure you attend the celebration as well" noticing Raya wanted to object Audrey cut her off midway. "It's not a request, it's a command. Anyone that stops you say I personally demanded you attend. Meet Faye for something nice to wear"

"Thank you so much your majesty!" Raya gushed, a bright smile on her face. One that did it's best to reflect same on Audrey's face. "The other maids would be so jealous" her cheeks looked like they'd burst any time soon

"Okay, okay now go. Leave the clothes I'll fold them myself" I smiled, dismissing her immediately. When the door shuts behind her I move to get up, replacing her spot at the foot of my bed to finish the folding of clothes. I didn't need to dismiss her I just wanted to be alone with my very loud and very embarrassing thoughts. I needed to string them out and figure out what the growing pit in my stomach was. Maybe it was from avoiding Darius for the past weeks or it was from knowing I was wronging him in some way or it was from not acknowledging that things would now be different.

I wouldn't be able to avoid him forever, especially not today during the first light festival. From what Raya had told me I was to expect a candle from Darius. I wonder if he knew I was avoiding him or he just assumed I was busy. Running off immediately after we kissed was not the best impression but it was better than any awkward comment I would have come up with. I should be happy, my plan with Lord Odin was going great and yet I felt bad, guilty and horrible. I felt like I was cheating Darius because now I wasn't only concerned about my freedom but also Darius's feelings.

Everything was too much and it was giving me a head ache. Yet the one thing that plagued my mind was Darius. I didn't think avoiding him would make me long to see him. I know it was stupid considering I'm the one willingly ignoring him. I spent therest of my time knitting till Greet and Orchid burst into my room fully dressed up and looking beautiful in their dresses.

"You two look absolutely stunning" I smiled, watching then both twirl with giggles spilling out their lips.

"Now it's your turn" Greer clasps her hands together, immediately going for my closet and chest of dresses. "You are going to be seeing your mate after you had your first kiss so of course you have to look good!"