{Plot 3}• CHÅPTËR XIX

𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘 ♡

Quietly I approached the piece of fabric that lay discarded on the ground. The sight of a red liquid tainting the material made my eyes widen. The closer I got the more I realised it was Darius's shirt and it was stained with.. blood!? I padded faster, pulling the fabric off the ground and into my arms.

Looking it over and sure enough, it was blood. Panick pinched at my chest, sinking into my lungs and holding them captive. I turned around slowly. Carefully my gaze flickered between Darius and the shirt I held tightly fisted in my arms as fear clutched at my nerves. Taking slow steps towards him, my eyes immediately began darting all over him for any signs of injuries, maybe something he wasn't telling me.

"This is-" I cut myself up, bringing the cloth to his line of sight. I watched his eyes burn as he gazed away quickly, refusing to meet my eye.
"A-are you hurt? Where? " I stepped forward, discarding the shirt to the side and slipping my hands into his. His fingers immediately trapped mine, weaving our fingers together he squeezed gently but desperately. I peaked up at him through soft panicked eyes, begging, pleading with him to say something, anything. I knew there was something he wasn't telling me and I hated the paralyzing feeling of fear and tension that threatened to take hold of me.

"It's not mine" he answered, his eyes finally meeting mine. He brought a hand up to my face, tucking away a stray lock of hair that had creeped into my face behind my ear. I ignored the tummy tickling act of affection and pushed past those feelings that made my tummy buzz.

"Who-whose blood is it?" I asked quietly, as if scared to know. In all honesty I was scared to know, thankful of course it wasn't his blood but it did not relieve me nor did it lift my worries. If anything it made me worry the more.

He gazed away from me again, his hand tightening around mine. After a few seconds his eyes shut tight before he pried them open and regarded my dark shards. His eyes had noticeably darkened, gold flaked painting their once dark hues molten. There was something dangerous about his change in demeanor.

Firmly he explained, "It is the blood of the man that dared to touch what is mine. The blood of the bastard that hurt you, Vandal's blood"

My eyes widened a fraction as a gasp tumbled out of my lips. My little clear hand in his large, rough tatted ones began to shake with anxiety and fear. D-did he kill him?
"W-what did you do? " I questioned, watching his every reaction carefully.

He wouldn't kill him right? As a king he believes in diplomacy and justice so he would want to execute him fairly and according to Bludhäven's laws. Right?
"I killed him" he stated plainly, without a flinch or expression of any emotion. "I have no regrets Audrey" he came impossibly closer and I took a step back, frightened by the fire of rage, possessiveness, desire and something darker brewing in his gaze. He stopped, not taking any step closer to me. He recoils a bit, stilling in his movements.

His eyes met mine in an intense stare, one I had no will nor permission to look away. His gaze captivated me, pulling me into those deep torturous waters, drowning me in the beautiful creature that was him.
"He hurt you Audrey. I don't regret what I did and I will do it again, all over again" his words held so much promise in them, so much weight. "If anyone, anyone at all hurts you" he brought the pad of his thumb to my cheek and began caressing my soft skin while I watched transfixed and spellbound. "I will end them and feel absolutely nothing but satisfaction. I swore to always protect you, nothing will ever harm you love. I swear it" he growled

I had no words. Nothing came to my lips. I just gazed at him, trying my best to absorb his words. He killed Vandal, for me. I had no intention of wanting him to go without punishment even if that punishment was death but knowing Darius killed him all by himself was a whole different case. I could only imagine what it felt like to see me in that state, the amount of rage he was in. I never stopped to think what it would do to one to see his mate..like that. I felt a chill run down my spine in remembrance, his hands on me felt like poison to my skin. I thrashed around and kicked but he held me down.