{Plot 2}• chàptêr fíftéèn

𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘 💜

"Princess, everything is so beautifully done" Lady Monica beamed and I for the first time took a minute to look around the gorgeously decorated lawn and couldn't help but smile myself.

The fountain water glistened under the warm summer sun, creating the perfect ambience. I let my eyes gaze around, enjoying the view. Fairy lights hung from the trees, ribbons dancing around every tree stump. Shops and kiosks stationed at each corner, little children running about with masks and kites flying in the wind.

A wide smile broke out on my lips when I spotted Ryker and Lord Anthony in the distance, little noble girls dancing around them and singing, Ryker looked so uncomfortable it made me giggle. But Anthony played with one of them, twirling her around so her ball gown spun around her.

"Indeed it is" I finally replied, turning back to face her. "I never knew the wolf moon festival was celebrated so grandly, it's all.. "

"Amazing, yes it is" she finished for me, mirroring the smile on my face. "With it coming in the next few days there won't be enough time to celebrate then. All wolves above the expected age are to stay indoors because the moon affects the older ones more than the youngsters. All older wolves are to be kept in their chambers preferably with their mates" she informed, her words peaking my interest.

"Their mates?" I asked and she nodded in response. "Why?" I inquired, leading her to the area where the older wolves stood talking and eating small chops.

"Because a part of their wolves come out on that night, without ones mate their wolves become cranky and restless. A mate is there to subdue their restlessness and excitement. Most times both mates wolves get to meet as one on such nights as a result of their primal sides taking over every rational thought. On our first wolf moon Lord Bernard and I mated right on the courtyard grounds" she burst out giggling, her skin heating up.

"Seriously!?" I shrieked, palming my red cheeks.

"Yes my princess. It's a very passion filled night for most wolves and may just be one for you and the king as well" she winked, snickering when my face coloured the more.

We continued our walk down the path, occasionally passing by little pups and their play mates and other times passing shops and maids who were chasing after the young ones. My smile faltered as I let my mind wander to the one person I had been trying to keep them away from. Darius. Today started pretty early and I hadn't seen him since. After last night the guilt of not telling him about Lord Odin was killing me.

I wanted to let him know everything, even if the fear of loosing him was still clenching strongly around my heart. He deserved to know the whole truth. Images of what I saw flashed behind my eyes.

Lord Odin stood in the lawn, the darkness of night masking his face, "Tell him to stand by, when I give the single he will have one shot to follow the tunnels straight to the Kings Wing. When the girl is out he should plant the wolfsbane. No mistakes will be excused. The princess will open the tunnels for us and that's how we'll get in. The King won't see the light of day"

I covered my mouth with my hand, silencing my gasp from their ears. Running back inside I hid behind a pillar making sure I wasn't seen nor followed before I ran up the flight of stairs.

I had gone to the East Wing with some tea for my ladies when I overheard Lord Odin plotting to harm Darius. And it just then clicked that but was his plan all along, he just needed a way in, me. He never wanted to help me and I was stupid was believing he did. Darius was the only one who was ever there for me and because of me he would have gotten harmed.