{Plot 2}• chaptér six

☘︎⚜︎☘︎⚜︎☘︎⚜︎☘︎⚜︎☘︎⚜︎☘︎⚜︎☘︎⚜︎☘︎⚜︎☘︎⚜︎☘︎⚜︎☘︎⚜︎☘︎⚜︎

"What exactly do you have planned if i accept your proposal?" Audrey asked, watching Lord Odin carefully.

It was a cold night, Audrey had her red velvet sholl draped around her shoulders and her hair tumbled down her back carelessly. Lord Odin admired the sight, she looked alot more beautiful than her mother, he thought shamelessly. Her pink plush lips were stewed in a slight pout as she thought over his deal. He had to admit they looked rather tempting against her skin, as pale as the moon light. His admiring eyes washing over her, drinking her in went unnoticed ny Audrey as she waited for his response.

He clears his throat, looking away from her figure to stare into her eyes, "That won't work your Highness" he shook his head in disapproval, earning a confused look from Audrey. "I won't say unless you have agreed fully and you accept whatever I tell you. You will have to do as I say"

Now this was a real situation. She nervously played with her fingers, staring into the distance and thinking. If she agreed he could bend her to do his biding, like a puppet on strings. Was it worth it? In the end she knew the answer to that question, that was why she was here in the first place. Her ladies had slept over at her chambers( the king's quarters)  for the night but Audrey wasn't as lucky as they were to get some sleep. She had gotten up and made sure she left the room as quietly as possible unbeknownst to her she wasn't quiet enough and Astrid had awoken and saw her trying to sneak out of the room.

She wandered to the other side of the castle where she met Lord Odin and they walked to the garden where they were now, being watched from the distance. Astrid adjusted behind the huge pillar, not wanting her night gown to expose her presence. She was thankful it was a dark colour and blended well in the darkness. She had heard everything and was wondering what proposal they were talking about. Was Lord Odin Audrey's secret lover? Was he asking for her hand? All these thoughts swarmed through Astrid's mind but the one she couldn't deny was that there was something going on between the two and what ever it was wasn't good.

"I accept your proposal but you have to swear you won't hurt him" Audrey stated firmly, feeling unease at the way he looked at her. She tried her best not to let her fear show on her face.

"I give you my word" he reined his neck foward. "Three nights after the full moon you will be taken out through a secret tunnel under your chambers where one of my carriages will be waiting to take you to wherever you want to go. I will place one of my guards at your side at all times, he will stand by your door along with another of the king's guards. He will bring you letters from me and I will instruct you on what you must do to be above suspicion. It will not cause anyone harm as long as you keep it to yourself of course. No one must know. Your first letter will be delivered early in the morning, you won't send any letters back"

"But how would I communicate with you? We can't be seen together"

"We will only discuss before hand, if you ever want to talk to me you know where my chambers are" he said the last part a little too slyly, his eyes taking in her withdrawn expression. His words sounded more like an invitation but Audrey brushed it off along with any paranoid thought that she was being watched. "I will need you to play close to his highness" he finally spoke, causing Audrey to whip her head in his direction, her eyes wide and her brows pulled together in confusion.

"What, why?" she asked, a bit startled. Something about it didn't sit right with her. Sure she could do anything to be free but something about Darius made her uneasy, she couldn't control herself around him and that wasn't something she wanted to experience. She couldn't even control her words and now she would have to pretend to get along with him???