EMPRESS-IN-WAITING ~8

•𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐑•

𝘈𝘜𝘋𝘙𝘌𝘠 ♡

"I advice you let me accompany you My Lady" Elijah rushes after me as I made my way outside to the coach who was readying the carriage.

"There is no need Elijah. I will be going with Maximus and Marchioness Cordelia, I will be very safe and there will be nothing to worry about" I tried to reassure Elijah as I made my way outside where Maximus stood beside the carriage. Cordelia was yet to arrive but I was certain she would, I just needed to stall Elijah long enough. If he insisted to come along then he would follow to where I was meeting Nostradamus and report everything back to Darius. I just needed to meet with him and get all my thoughts straight before I went to Darius with any of this.

Marchioness Cordelia had no idea I would be meeting with Nostradamus, she assumed we would be going shopping in town and she was very excited when I invited her. She was my cover, in case anything went wrong or Darius was to enquire on my whereabouts I could simply tell him I was with the Marchioness. Brailer was known as the capital city that was filled with the finest of silks and the most recent and expensive ones as well, silks only nobles and people of high born could afford. Just the right scenery. We were set to meet in a nearby pub, secluded from the public eye due to its bustling service, but as the princess consort I was easily able to acquire a table no matter how occupied they always were. The pub was always dimly lit, cozy and devoid of public eyes, just perfect.

"My lady!" Cordelia came, elegantly trailing towards us. When she arrived she takes a short bow "I am deeply sorry for making your Highness wait, I am ready"

"All is well Marchioness" I direct a smile her way

"The mercer is aware of our arrival so we needn't do anything more than simply show up" her gaze finally locks on Elijah who had been standing there the whole time, silent and observing like he always did. The coachman walks in and bows, "The carriage awaits my ladies"

"I will go wait in the carriage" Cordelia follows the coachman out, leaving me to speak with Elijah and ensure my plans are not ruined.

"I will join you soonest"

"Please you Majesty, his Grace will not be pleased if he were to hear of this" Elijah tries a last desperate attempt to stop me. My heart threatened to twist in sympathy but I had to remain strong. I could see the look of concern, fear and anxiety tightening his features. I sighed inwardly, for I knew how angry Darius could get when it came to me. It was not a pleasant sight at that. He could bring the whole palace down and I would have wanted to make sure to avoid that by telling him right now but he was nowhere to be found. He had gone out and was yet to return so before he does I want to leave, meet Nostradamus and come back.

"I understand Elijah. Do not you worry I would make sure the King does not get angry with you, tell him I went to buy some new silks and I will be back"

Before Elijah could utter another word I walked out and joined Cordelia in the carriage, waving at Elijah who held a less than excited expression.

The carriage rode to a halt in the middle of the town square. The sound of playing children, arguing noble men and giggling ladies filled the air with life. The carriage door rattled as it was pulled open by Maximus, his hand outstretched to assist Cordelia and I as we stepped down. From the corner of my eye I spotted the pub where Nostradamus and I had agreed to meet. Cordelia and I stood in the middle of the square, looking around for the mercer's shop.

I felt a hand grab my wrist, "I see the shop my lady!" Cordelia announces excitedly as she points towards the finest shop on the street. It looked beautiful, encased in white tiles and fine oak wood doors. It looked like a thirst trap for nobles, they had an eye for the expensive things. I guess now I had to as well.