{Plot 1} •Chapter *Fìvè

✽𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘✽

My eyes fluttered open, darkness was all I saw. I blinked a few times trying to adjust my vision to my surroundings.

Flashbacks of those mesmerizing pairs of onyx eyes filled my mind, the scene of so much blood pooling onto the floors from Alpha Nicholas's neck. The king, everyone bowing. Was it all a dream? Was I back in my room?

I didn't feel tired after working at the ball for so long, I felt well rested and... comfortable? I ran my hands along where I lay and no doubt it was a bed. I lay under smooth velvet soft covers, the material felt devilishly good against my skin. The softness of the bed was luring me back to my slumber but I knew better. Looking around once again the room was still pitch black. My heart started racing as fear creeped into my spine. What if it was some sick joke? What if I was back in the cellar?

All of a sudden everywhere became bright, light from all areas slipped through the room. Burning from the beaming lights I blinked repeatedly before my eyes adjusted to it's surroundings

"She's awake, tell his highness" I heard a voice command from a few inches away from me. Directing my gaze to the direction of the voice. He had his back to me but from here I could make out his attire. He had on a red shirt and dark jeans. He turned to me and my eyes met with a pair of peculiar violet orbs. He approached me slowly, his eyes filled with excitement.

I back away, shuffling towards the other end of the large bed. I stared at him wide eyed as he stopped moving, raising his hands in surrender, "Woah, woah there princess. I'm not going to hurt you" he said, backing away, his facial features softening as he took in my startled form.

I stopped moving but my gaze remained on him. Did he kidnap me? Was I being held hostage? If I was then I was most certain no one would come look for me, I was worthless after all. I let my eyes travel around the room I was in and sugars, it looked fit for a princess. The walls were entailed with gorgeous calligraphy. The roof high chandelier, the tall windows draped with heavy velvet curtains that had rays of sunlight beaming brightly through them, their intention for the day clear. The large bed with sinfully soft velvet sheets that lured me into their oblivious comfort. The head board, sorry headpiece was intricately carved with fine wood and the pillows, gosh the pillows were so soft it was like they were made out of clouds. The chairs that were displaced around were gorgeous. The floor was covered with fury light beige wall-to-wall carpets. To my right were two roof tall double wood doors and to my left stood the same pair of doors but wider. Sugars, were they torture chambers or something? They had intricate vein like designs engraved in their depths.

"Ryker be careful she may still be a little woozy" a deep voice spoke from the entrance. Both I and the man in front of me snapped our heads to the entrance to see a huge tall figure walk into the room and immediately go silent when his eyes landed on me.

My dark gaze melted into a pair of onyx eyes, it was like the air in my windpipe had gotten stuck and I couldn't breathe. I was lost in his dark stormy eyes, like a brewing storm waiting to wreak havoc and destroy anything in its path yet I couldn't help but be mesmerized and enthralled by it. The more I stared hopelessly into his eyes the more I drowned in their dark ethereal abyss.

"She's a little jumpy your Highness, please be cautious" the man whispered to the large mythical being that stood well over six feet tall, taking up half of the room. He failed in his attempt to whisper as he gave me one last glance before sauntering out of the room.

I gulped down hard, averting my gaze from his tempting eyes. I let my eyes travel down the King's form and my throat went dry. He wore a simple dress shirt and pants, his long, thick tendrils of light brown curls were pulled up into a slick ponytail, a better job than I could ever do with my hair. Even though he didn't have his official attire on he still had this sophisticated aura surrounding him that made him look out of this world with his stubble and sun kissed ivory gold skin.