{Plot 1} •Chapter ⁑FØRTÉEN

𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐒
/ᏦᎨᏁ ᎠæᏒᎨ^Ꮥ/

"She's here boss" Ryker informs me through the mind link. "We just came into the kitchen, Faye's making dinner"

I could hear little footsteps padding down a path and I knew all too well whose it was. I let my mind wander as I focused on her little feet. It was the closest thing to serenity both Phoenix and I had felt in the last couple of weeks.

Images of that night flashed through my mind like it was yesterday- her sunken cheeks, the dark circles that rimmed her eyes, her pale skin that had turned an almost dark shade and the red body fluid that dripped from the corner of her lips. The scene still haunted my mind till this day. Immediately I had gotten her to her bed safetly I waisted no time in mind linking the pack senior doctor. He was more experienced than the last one that came here. I didn't need an amateur attending to my mate, the situation was dire and it needed to be treated with such importance. The doctor arrived a few minutes later, heavily equipped with all the necessary tools.

Faye joined me to wait outside Audrey's room after she had to persuade me into leaving the doctor alone with my mate, claiming he needed privacy to work on her. I was undoubtedly worried, in fact I was livid, my mind was running a marathon and my heart was thumping faster than the pads of a cheaters paws. Phoenix kept pacing around in my mind and it didn't help that I couldn't even see her at the moment. It felt like I was loosing my mind... I kept running my fingers through my curls imagining it was her silk soft curls I was combing through.

After what felt like hours- days of torture the doctor allowed us in. I rushed in impatiently, my eyes searching the room eagerly until the pair landed on her unconscious form sprawled underneath the covers. I visibly relaxed, sending Phoenix assurances that Audrey was okay.

"Doctor" I called, bringing the attention of the two conscious people in the room. "What's wrong with my mate?" I asked while walking up to sit at her side, not letting my eyes leave her I took her little hands in my big ones and began stroking them gently. The feeling of her skin against mine calmed Phoenix down.

"Well your Highness" he cleared his throat as he began taking calculated steps foward. "From what I have been able to observe I'd say her majesty has been exposed to a toxic substance that had been taken so frequently that it caused so much damage to her internally. Yes she does have stomach wounds but it is a lot more complex than that" he inhaled slowly, letting his gaze drop to my mate. "I am not sure what it is yet but I took a DNA sample and once I run it with my team and the results come out I'll inform you. I only hope it isn't what I think it is"

"Toxic substance?" I repeated in a low tone- more to myself. I felt a tug at my heart as I watched her. I could only wonder what she had been through before I had found her and now I needed to know exactly who had the balls to put my mate through so much.

"Yes my king" he answered. "Her body is reacting this way because she has been with the toxic substance so long that her body had gotten accustomed to its negative effects, it became something normal although it was eating her up from the inside out. Now that she hasn't had any bit of that substance in a while her body is trying to get used to the sudden change. The better change"

"Will she be-" I couldn't even let the words taint my tongue

"She will be fine your majesty. Her body is already trying to adapt so to say. Throwing out every toxic substance that eroded her system is a very good start, although it would take a major toll on her. She needs a healthy environment, healthy meals and a healthy sleeping schedule to help her body recuperate". I inhaled sharply, feeling a weight like no other on my chest. "She will be okay" he finished, sending me a reassuring smile.

"Thank you" I muttered.

"When the results are out I'll drop by" he said finally before walking out with Faye behing him.

That was 3 weeks ago and since then I hadn't stepped a foot near my Audrey. Gosh it was eating me up inside and Phoenix was starting to get restless, but I knew It was for the best. I wasn't going to let Phoenix win this time, we needed to give Audrey enough space to recover and in the meantime I intended to look into her former pack and get to the root of the matter.

Walking down the stone path I nodded towards every guards bowing figure, making sure to acknowledge their respect. I stopped at the large metal double doors and waited for two of my guards to pull each handle to themselves, opening the doors up for me. Stepping inside I let my stoic expression resurface as I prepared for the encounter I knew was much due.

The Alpha of the Silver moon pack, Nicholas had been staying in the castle dungeons for the past few months. I did not wish to harm him at least not until I got as much information as possible concerning my mate and what may have transpired. I had always tried to avoid getting into other pack matters, I never saw reason to exact my dominance or use my title but for Audrey I would go far and beyond just to see that she gets justice.

Anyone who had mistreated her would be punished and executed according to my laws.

I stood towering over the silver plated doors, my chest out I willed in my Alpha dominance and I could hear whisper and heads cracking and they bowed in submission-in the other cells. The silver doors were pulled open by guards with gloves. The sizzling sound of burning invaded the silence as they snatched their hands away from the handles, making sure the silver did not burn their skin. I stepped into the dark room, looking around till my eyes fell on what I was looking for.

He was hunched over, his hands bound to silver chains on the walls and his feet encased to a large bolder that didn't look like it was going to move anytime soon. His head hung low as my expensive shoes hitting the ground echoed throughout the space. He knew I was here, I could smell the fear tickling his spine. Something dark in me had unraveled making me smile wickedly at the lash marks that were evident on his skin. He had been stripped like every other prisoner that was held in the Royal dungeon. I could have wasted him during the ball to show everyone never to mess with what was mine but I didn't want blood on my hands- never again.

His chilly pepper red hair covered half of his face as he stared at the ground trembling. The large chains didn't move an inch, their weight rendered him immobile.

"Now, you're going to tell me everything I need to know about your pack. And my mate, now" I commanded, my tone deep as both Phoenix and I spoke through my vocals. The rumbling of the walls were a testimony to the power that was radiating off me. "If you cooperate this would be over before you know it"

Phoenix had take over, coaxing me to the back of my mind where I sat watching. I could see everything he did and hear all he said but my mind was not my own at the moment. I could feel the darkness coming, sipping through the cracks and bleeding through. Phoenix was going under, the blood moon would be the worst anyone had ever seen. The council would be more than concerned.

°°°°

Hey lovelies!!!
As promised another update before the end of the week!
I'm on a role here;)

Okay so! Next chapter drops later next week or earlier if I feel up to it

I hope you like the book so far!
Please leave your general throughts on it in the comments and I will look through them
Promise!

And I'm still accepting requests and any questions you have concerning anything as long as it doesn't ruins the plot...
And just a heads up we are entering a big stepping stone in this book!!! I'm so excited for y'all to see it!

I won't spoil it
o(〃^▽^〃)o

Enjoy! ♡

#Co_co124