{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÊR XXII

♡♡♡♡♡♡

Arrows flew through the air, cutting and in one swift motion hitting the bullseye. The sound could be heard from a few feet away, the echo that sliced through the wind itself before hitting the target.

Three arrows were pulled back, fingers placed strategically as Darius withheld the bows, his reserved dark onyx eyes assessing his aim with careful precision. When satisfied with his range he let go, sending the arrows flying through the air, the three heads hitting right at their intended mark.

Turning around Darius reached for another set of three bows, his servant placing them gently into his outstretched hand. Before turning back to his target he didn't fail to notice from the corner of his eyes the little feminine figure that approached, soft, hypnotic steps she took towards where he stood lost in her grace.

Her hair had been braided and tied up into a ponytail, perfectly displaying the evidence of their activities earlier on in the day. A smirk made it's way onto Darius's lips and pride filled his chest at the sight. He had done a good job in tainting her pale porcelain skin and hair was liking how easily it showed a little bit too much. His eyes followed her every move like he was taking note of every step, every twist and turn of her body along with every sway of the gown that adorned her body, perfectly fitted, enticing every dark sinful thought that clouded his mind.

The very object of his desires, taking subtle steps to the near by bench and depositing herself on it. How he wished he was that bench, to have her sit on him with her perky ass that always seemed to tease him whenever she walked away, just tempting him to grab hold of it and never let go. Finally after staring right at her like it was the first time he had ever seen her, his heart beat thumped in recognition and sweet familiarity. Phoenix growled lowly in arousal and he knew he already had a growing tent, his admiration for his mate taking full control. He couldn't have her so close yet so far, close enough to have her sweet intoxicating scent drive him to the brink of insanity, but so far away that he couldn't grab hold of her to feel her skin against his. To be honest the thought of Audrey ever putting on clothes with him was a waste of time because he knew the moment he came within the proximity to touch her, her clothes would be immediately discarded without much time being wasted. But because she had to go places and wasn't always in the private confinement on their chambers he had to watch her walk around with those dresses on, dresses that only managed to fuel his never ending desire to strip her with his lips and nothing else. Even the way he stared at her as if picking apart every piece and layer of clothing from her body only to leave her bare for his eyes to consume and his hands to defile in every dark, beautifully crude way he always did. The same way that made her knees go weak and her very world shatter in his hands where he would put her back together to witness the same euphoric high he always put her on.

Even now, as their eyes finally met Audrey had to inhale a sharp breath at the level of intensity and desire that leaked through his. It was so visible she could feel it melting on her skin, burning every inch of her his gaze landed on. He dragged his gaze down to properly drink in what was his and as he did Audrey couldn't help but squirm, feeling hot already like he had already been touching her but in fact hadn't even spoken a single word to her since she arrived.

In that moment as she looks at him, really looked at him, memories of the past came flooding back to her mind like the rush of a waterfall, leaving her to reminisce all but fondly. How a year and some months back she had attempted to run as far away from him as possible, she had wanted to leave him. And suddenly, the hurtful words she had exchanged to Darius, all of it in her state of hopelessness and desperation all came tumbling down on her fragile emotions.