{Plot 2}• Chapter twø

ꕥ 𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘 ꕥ

Wrapping the working yarn around my left index finger, and holding it at the back of the left needle I insert the point of right needle from front to back into the first cast-on stitch on the left needle, opening up a stitch.

Hand knitting was the one thing I picked up from my mother before everything went dark. My little form wrapped in her arms she'd hold me close, whispering sweet lullabies in my ears as she twisted the yarn around her index finger, knitting me a new sweater. When she'd think I was sleeping she'd stop singing and just sit there, knitting. I could feel something was wrong, her energy was low, her eyes distant, troubled. I only now realise she was going through so much at the time. I was a child, innocent, naive, oblivious to everything going wrong around me.

I always wondered why she prefered knitting alone most of the time. She'd sit perched on the garden swing, knitting away as the birds sang songs of cheer. Whenever I'd come up to her she would seem so lost, invested in the movements of her hands, they were distracting that much I could understand but anything else I had no idea. It was kind of comical how everything she had told and warned me about were playing right now in my life, in my current situation. I find myself doing things I never once thought I'd do. Now I understood why mother was always knitting, it was calming, relaxing.

It calmed all my buzzing thoughts and reckless emotions. It was one of the things that made me feel connected to her in some way. It was the only thing I picked up from her that was a choice of mine to pursue. It somehow kept me in the moment as I tried to string out my jumbled thoughts.

I could still feel his hold on me, the places he had touched me still tingled in rememberance to his hands although large held me with such tenderness. I had expected to feel pain shoot through my body at the way he lunged at me but instead I felt warmth, comfort and a strange sense of satisfaction as my skin crawled with the rippling sensations he caused.
My muscles tensed for a while, his hold growing tighter and his movements more intimate. For a while I just stayed there, feeling rooted to my spot. After a while j felt my muscles relax as I gave into his hold.

We just stayed there basking in each other's warmth. I couldn't deny how comfortable and how at peace I felt in his arms. I let him hold me there as he took in my scent much to his heart's content. I don't know why but I remained there, not doing anything I just let him hold onto me.

My mind was too scrambled with the past events to hear a word the maid was saying. They had been at it all morning, clearing out my wardrobes and chests looking for a dress they deemed 'appropriate' for me to wear to tonight's ball. I had totally ignored their presence and just chose to stare out of the window I sat near, letting the wind wisk through my untamed midnight curls. Gazing back down to the wool I had in my hands I hummed in approval when I noticed the maid had stopped talking. If it was something important Faye would have told me anyways. They left a few dressed out on racks before they walked out as soon as I dismissed them. The guard that was posted outside by door pushed it open and closed it behind the last maid.

I sighed slowly, letting my hands fall limp in my lap. I looked out into the wide vast array of trees that surrounded the castle. The garden to be precise. From here I could spot my favourite wood bench that I spent majority of my time on, it looked gorgeous as the afternoon sun casted a glowing shadow creating a magical effect. It seemed like it was a long time ago I was chasing after my freedom and now... Now I didn't really know where I was at this point. I just felt, lost. I knew what I had to do tonight and it wasn't going to be easy of course but my life had never been easy so I expected the worst but I knew I had to try. The guard pushed the door open and I gazed up to find him standing at the door waiting for me to notice his presence.