{Plot 1} •Chapter •THÏRTËËÑ

✥𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘✥

I didn't have enough time to react before my legs were hauling me to the toilet as I emptied the little contents that resided in my stomach.

It felt like I was throwing my entire insides out into the toilet. I couldn't stop my gagging as I felt a thug on my hair, my curls were pulled back and held tightly in a bun. Calloused hand soothingly rubbed circles around my back as I continued to empty my guts out. I continued to hurl till I got so tired I fell back on my butt.

I didn't have the luxury of staying for long before I was picked up bridal style from the floor. I felt so drained and tired I couldn't protest or make any move to resist as Darius proceeded to carry me into my room. I watched his face with half lidded eyes, sleep pulling at my consciousness every so often. I hadn't gotten any sleep for days and I was sure at this point I had dark circles under my eyes, but I honestly didn't care. He didn't seem to care that I looked horrible and smelt even worse as he carefully lowered me onto the ivory soft bed and devilishly alluring blankets.

Sleep became my best friend as she whispered calming words into my ears, coaxing me into her embrace. Dull splatters of mud met dark catastrophic skies that almost looked sad. Almost. I let my gaze sweep over his features, noticing he had grown quite a stubble and his hair was not in its usual glorious low ponytail. It was loose and disheveled, adding to his disarrayed look. His once dark brooding eyes seemed to have dimmed, leaving light flakes of onyx in their wake.

I finally let my eyes drape shut, my consciousness wrapped around the lengthy arms of slumber, not before catching a glimpse of something I knew I would never forget in a hurry.

His eyes had darkened significantly, gold flakes swirling in their depths as he gently stroked my cheek, "𝐏𝐚𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐮𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐬"
𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯

His touch seemed to calm my racing heart and aching muscles as I obeyed the spell that pulled me in and I welcomed slumber.

𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐒
/ᏦᎨᏁ ᎠæᏒᎨûᏕ/

I sat there unfailingly every single day. I sat perched at her door like a lost puppy waiting for his owner. Each time I watched from afar as Faye walked into her room, shooting me a comforting smile she would stroll in, careful to knock softly before entering with the usual no answer.

I felt my chest tighten and Phoenix respond with a whimper each time Faye would walk out with the tray of food untouched. She was harming herself all because of me. She had stomach wounds, the doctor didn't know what caused them yet but he adviced she eat as much as she could and this behavior was going to be detrimental to her health. I knew exactly what she wanted from me but it was the only thing I could not grant her. She could ask me to bow at her feet, she could ask for my kingdom and I'd give it up to hear in a heartbeat, she could ask me to die for her and I would without thinking twice but to grant her freedom, the very liberty to leave me.

"She's still not eating your Highness" Faye informed me, her voice quiet as she gazed into my dull eyes.

I sighed deeply, running a hand through my loose curls, "Has she spoken to you?" I asked, my chest tightening with the answer already in mind but I dreaded it.

"No your majesty, she just cries all day"

I knew that more than anyone. I heard the echoes of her cries from outside her door. It took every fiber and every ounce of self control not to break the door down and go to her aid, she was sad, depressed and hopeless all because of me. If it was possible to hate myself more than ever I didn't know, but now I know I have never hated myself more than I do now.