{Plot 2}• chäptêr thîrtéèn

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐒 🏹⛓️

Running my two hands through my hair I sighed deeply, letting my eyes skim down my face through the mirror that stood graciously in front of me, reflecting my full frame. I looked like any king would, poise and elegant but the dark circles under my eyes and the rough disheveled texture of my hair told another tale.

I had gotten little to no sleep the past few days. I never wanted to let Audrey out of my sight, I would not let it happen again. After the doctor had brought her back I was a mess, emotional and my rage rampage was every thing but civilized and nurturing which was what my love needed at the moment. I had refused to leave her side even during her slumber I just sat by her and watched her sleep. Her lightly closed eye lose, her long lashes that fluttered against her freckled cheeks, her plum pink lips that were presses together. Her chest rose and fell quietly as she slept as beautifully as an angel. Her dark curls spread across her pillow, covering her shoulders and the corners of her face the sight was maddening in itself no matter how innocently I wanted to make the situation out to be.

I felt my chest clench and unclench when I heard her whisper my name ever so quietly like a secret spell not to be heard by any other ear. She has reached out for me and I couldn't help but take her hand in mine and plant kisses all over the skin. I was like a lost puppy without her. I put all my duties on hold, I didn't care. I would wait by her side toll she awoke and even when she was awake I'd still remain by her side. It relieved Phoenix to know our mate was within arms length and she was safe, with us right where she belonged. I could still recall the relief and immeasurable hoy that washed over my being when her eye lids fluttered open and her big dark eyes landed on me.

Her eyes gazed over my face, as if drinking in my appearance like I wasn't really there, like I was a dream. Her shaky little palm cupped my cheek, her thumb rubbing up and down the path of my grown out stubble. Tears pricked her vision, swimming in the dark pools of her eyes. My lips parted but before I could get a word out she throws her hands around my neck, pushing herself forward to properly hug me. I was stunned for a second, my hands hovering over her not sure of what to do. Her breaths were laboured and the quiet sobs that escaped her lips snapped me back to reality.

I lifted us, landing ceremoniously on the bed with her straddling my lap. Setting her down softly I planted a hand in her hair and the other around her waist to hold her form firmly to my body. I rubbed circles on her back as she sobbed, sniffling momentarily. My brows furrowed and concern pinched at my heart but I wanted her to get it all out before I bombarded her with questions. We stayed there for a while, my hand still soothing her back while I planted kisses to the side of her head, weaving my hand through her bunched curls.

I heard her breathing calm and I slowed my movements. She pulled away, rubbing at her now red nose and puffy eyes. Goddess she looked adorable. I beat her to it, swiping at a tear that had run down her cheek. Meeting her gaze it felt like a wave of water had washed through me, reviving my senses and bringing a small smile to my face. I placed a chaste kiss to the crook of her nose before focusing my gaze on her face. Tracing a strand of hair behind her ear I took a moment to look at her, admire how gorgeous my love was.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked softly, caressing her cheek with the pad of my thumb.

She sniffles, rubbing at her still red nose, "Y-you saved me. I thought I was gone, that I wasn't going to make it. B-but I saw you in the distance, you came for me" she finishes sniffling again.

A small smile took over my lips as I stared into her tear filled eyes, "And I always will baby. Don't cry it's okay. I'll always be there, promise" I finished, directing my gaze to her pinkie she held out for me.