{Plot 3}• CHAPTÈR VII

𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘

Dark haunting malevolent gold eyes flaked with raw carnal hunger, a taste for blood and the dark abyss swimming within its gaze could not go unnoticed. The chilling sight of crimson blood dripping from its elongated canines, it's gaze telling tales of death, men that have fallen just by one powerful jab from it's jaw.

This beast was one of darkness, fueled by a drive to kill, conquer, devour and leave no witnesses to the scene. Unforgiving claws coated with what could only be the shredded skin of its victims. And those eyes, like a hurricane, a tornado swallowing everything in its path. Destructive, quick and merciless. Wiping everything out in just one instance.

Everything had been reduced to ash, dead bodies and blood splattered across the grounds, it was a gruesome scene. I felt a chill run down my spine. I had no idea where I was but it felt oddly vague yet familiar. It looked like a battlefield but there was no life in sight. The air was dense, smoke clouded the skies. The further I walked the more I felt sick, lifeless bodies at every corner of my feet.

I choked back a sob, feeling the air around
me  tighten and my ability to breathe being seized away from me. I needed to get out, now! I picked up the pace, running into the distance to try find a  way out but I couldn't see anything. I ran as far as my legs could carry and when I couldn't run anymore a deafening growl sent me tumbling to the ground, the raw power from it making me unable to get up.

My gaze snapped to the source, my disoriented thoughts making it difficult to focus on where it came from. The sound of paws padding on the ground in a rhythmic sound, like the fates counting down to the catastrophe that was unfolding, coming undone and ripping the fabric of reality with each stride and step. I wrapped my hands around myself, my heart going haywire in my ribcage. Fear creeped into my chest, taking resident. My whole form shook violently for the impending doom that approached, tears driplbbled down my cheeks and when my gaze landed on a familiar body spread further across the ground a low whimper left my lips .

I could recognize who it was but that hair, dark midnight curls just like mine, cream colored skin. A-and that blanket. A gasp left my lips as I slowly approached the body on the ground. Getting to it a loud cry tore through my throat as I wrapped my hands around my mother. Her throat had been slit and all over again I was that little girl who cradled her mother's body in her hands.

"M-mom. Mom p-please" I sobbed hard, pulling her into my chest I rocked us back and forth.

I froze at that spot, feeling a presence behind me. A low growl reached my ears and I felt my blood run cold. Slowly I turned around, my throat going dry immediately I met the same pair of menacing gold eyes. Blood dripped from its razor sharp canines, spilling onto the ground. It's gaze penetrated mine and the amount of darkness I could see behind those gold orbs left me shivering in fear. Ebony black fur covered with blood and claws gripping at the ground. Immediately it charged, taking long quick strides towards me. It was huge, looked nothing smaller than a mountain. Definitely taller than if not the height of a tree. My eyes widened but before I could scream it was already too late and it had pounced on me. A soft almost angelic voice came through just a split second before the collision "Awaken"

A loud scream left my lips as I sat up, my eyes darting around aimlessly. My chest rose and fell as sweat dripped down my forehead. I ran a hand down my face, a soft sigh leaving my lips when I registered my environment. I sat in front of my table, my feet folded beside me and on top lay various scrolls sprawled across the floors.

My door came flying open, Penelope and Ruby running through, "Milady is everything okay?" Penelope asked, panick written all over their faces.

"We heard you shout. Is something wrong?" Ruby followed.