{Plot 3}• CHAPTER I

𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘  💞

I inhaled a shaky breath, my body trembling terribly. I whimpered, adjusting my position so Rubys arms were wrapped around me properly. I was still shaking after seeing Orchid like that, she had been poisoned. And now hours later I was still mortified.

It could have been me if I had worn that dress. The doctor and Darius were talking at the far corner of his chambers while I sat here, on the foot of the bed with Ruby. She tried hushing me and encouraging me to calm down and breathe but I just couldn't stop shaking. I could have been the one on the brink of death right now. But Orchid.

"Thank you doctor" I heard Darius dismiss the doctor as he walked out and was lead by a guard further away.

Ruby made a move to stand but I held onto her tighter, shaking my head at her. "I will come check on you in the morning my Lady. You will be fine, you have the king here with you" she smiled at me, looking towards Darius who stood there, gazing softly at me.

I gazed away, letting go of Ruby as she leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead before bowing to Darius and walking out. The sound of the heavy wood door shutting echoed through the silence. I gulped, remembering what happened the last time I was here and it didn't help that Darius' scent was everywhere even on the comforters I sat on. They were dark colored, just how he liked his things.

I let my gaze meet his and I could see the sorrow in his eyes as he gazed at me. I looked away, tears welling in my eyes. I curled up into a ball, burying my head into my hands. I let the tears wrack through me, shaking my shoulders. I wasn't only crying because of Orchid I was in tears because of the pain I could still feel in my chest. My biggest fear had come true. He didn't want me anymore.

I could feel his presence in front of me, his gaze was piercing through my skin but I remained in that position not bothering to raise my head or look at him. I felt a grip on my arm and before I could register what was happening I was being pulled into his arms. Comfort, security and warmth all hitting me at once. His arms engulfed me, wrapping around me he placed a hand in my hair to rest my head against his chest. It didn't take me long before I wrapped my hands around him, letting myself melt into his embrace.

I let myself cry into his chest, not minding how I must have sounded nor that I was getting his shirt wet. My whole body shook with sobs but all he did was hold me, without saying a word. He let me cry to my hearts content and it only hurt the more because now I knew he would never hold me like this again. It brought a new set of tears to my eyes.

"It's okay baby. Please stop crying" he pleaded, drawing circles on my lower back.

"It was supposed to be me" I whispered under my breath.

"And thank the goddess it wasn't. I have no idea what I would have done. Don't worry Orchid will be fine, the doctor said he will be able to get the poison out" he informed making the pain in my chest subside a little.

"I'm sorry. I know you hate me now and i-i deserve it, I've been horrible and you don't want me-"

I was cut off by a firm grip on my jaw, raising my face to meet his hard gaze. He shook his head at me "Don't you dare utter those words" the seriousness in his tone shut me up immediately. I swallowed hard "I will always love you princess. You're mine to worship and love and it will never change. Fuck, I can't even be mad at you let alone stop loving you. I love you like the darkness loved the moonlight. I love you so much it aches to be away from you"

I shook my head, "I-i thought you were angry"

A small smile cracked at his lips, "You chose me at the end baby, that's all I want. You're with me, you aren't going anywhere, yes?"