{Plot 3}• CHAPTÉR VI

𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙄𝙐𝙎

I watched her sleeping form quietly, my gaze taking in everything I love. Her midnight dark hair fanned out across her pillow, a few locks tickling half of her face. Her body was spread out, her lashes laying softly against her cheeks, her pink plum lips pursed. Her night gown raised slightly above her thighs giving me a perfect view and I couldn't help but feel my throbbing length twitch ever so subtly in my pants. I groaned, throwing my head back. Morning wood was the worst and sleeping next to my little walking temptation wasn't the best idea.

I looked back at the ring that I held in my hands, the diamond stones twinkling under the light that bounced out of the windows. I knew from the day I saw Audrey that I wanted her to be in my life forever, not just as my mate but as my wife and my partner. I couldn't wait to see her walking down the isle, her stomach would be big with our babies and when her ankles would be swollen I'd massage them for her and take very good care of her forever.

Now the only thing I had to do was propose without the whole kingdom making a big scene about it. I wanted something small and intimate and when I would be sure she really wanted this I'd announce her as my lady consort and future queen. I had no problem marrying her straight away but I owed it to her to let her have the full experience of all the ceremonies and parties that would be held in her name. As I stared down at the love of my life I couldn't imagine my life without her nor could I imagine a happier time in my life.

My entire being was one of darkness before she came along, my ray of light, my angel, I know that the darkness is still there but she makes dealing with it a lot easier and when the time comes I'll tell her everything and I pray she'll still want me then. A soft groan interrupted my thoughts and I snapped, hastily shoving the ring back into the drawer and pushing it closed with a not so quiet bang. Big brown sleepy eyes met mine as Audrey woke up, a small yawn eluding her lips. She sat up, her hair falling to her back in natural body waves. Her curious gaze met mine as she tried rubbing the reminants of sleep from her eyes.

"Morning" her sweet voice chirped before her face contorted to one of confusion. "Are you okay? You look a bit startled" she squinted her big eyes at me making me straighten up and move away from the drawer that held her ring.

Her gaze followed me to where I stood at the end of the bed as I tried my best to erase the look of shock on my face and the bulge in my pants. "Morning love" I replied. "I'm fine, did I wake you? I'm sorry"

"N-no you didn't" she got up, stretching with her hands raised above her head as a cute moan escaped her lips and it just made my bulge twitch. Fuck. She held a hand over her mouth, her cheeks a pink tinge of embarrassment. "Sorry"

I walked over to her, not being able to keep myself away from her for even a second, wrapping my hands around her waist I pulled her body towards mine "I won't be able to come for breakfast love, I have a meeting with Ryker. I'll see you later today?"

I watched her suck in her lower lip, nibbling down on it she nodded slowly "Okay, I'll have breakfast with Orchid. I haven't seen her in a while" she smiled sweetly.

I love this woman so much. "Did you sleep well?" I asked, wanting to hear her voice and just spend time with her before I had to spend the rest of my day cooked up in my study room.

Her hand over her mouth she replied subtly, "Like a baby" she giggled, the beautiful chime of her laughter bringing a smile to my face.

I cocked a brow, questioning the hand she had over her mouth and she turned a deeper shade of pink, "Morning breath"

"Does that mean you won't give me a kiss before I go?" I asked cockily, leaning closer before she burst into a fit of giggles, not expecting my fingers to nip at her sides. She squirmed, shaking in my hold but I wasn't letting her go.