{Plot 3}• CHÀPTÉR IX

𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘

"I'm really glad you're doing okay Orchid" I smiled, holding her hands in mine I squeezed them gently, expressing my gratitude. "You're going to be at the feast right"

She grinned nodding excitedly, "Of course I am. I won't miss it for anything. I have been in bed for far to long now, I'm sure the high spirits will loft my mood" she winked at me and I raised a brow at her to which she just turned to take a seat at the foot of my bed.

"You ladies are going to be accompanying her grace to the feast tonight, everyone should be on their best behavior, I mean it" Faye's strict glare was sent to us all but mostly at Greer although I couldn't blame her. Greer had this mischievous snug look on her face like she was planning something.

"Greer pay attention" Ruby pulled Greer's ear and she whined, massaging her probably already throbbing ear.

"I am, I am" she repeated nodding her head in false understanding.

"It'll be a full palace tonight, all the kitchen maids have been running around for the past few weeks in preparation. A lot of dignitaries are going to be there even the elders, it's a very important occasion for her grace to get acquainted with the very people that might stand as threats to her role as future queen so she needs to make a good impression" I gulped down hard, suddenly feeling anxious. Was I really ready for this? I promised to try for Darius' sake above all else And if this is what it took to be at his side then I would do it any day. I would be his queen.

"Astrid wrote back to me, she's coming back and will attend the feast so we'll meet her there" a smile broke out on my lips on hearing this from Anaise. We all would be together.

"Speaking of which" Orchid started and we all turned to gaze at her, waiting to hear what suggestions she had. "Can we see the traditional gown Audrey would be wearing? Oh please.. " Orchid begged giving Ruby the baby dog eyes.

Ruby sighed, "No. You'll see her right before she descends to the ballroom. Now all of you should go get ready and get back here before the feat starts chop chop" Ruby shooed all my ladies out and they complained leaving me to giggle in amusement.

Once the door was shut behind them Faye motioned for me to follow them. We took the back stairs down to the royal bath. It was a secluded area behind the castle, a lot of trees wrapped round the open space, rose bushes and various flowers coated the grounds. Everywhere smelt so surreal and fragrant. The curtains were pulled closed hiding the secret sanctuary as I let my eyes drink in the beauty. I inhaled deeply, feeling the fresh crisp air settle all my nerves and relax my muscles as I pulled away my satin robe, letting it fall down to my feet as I stepped slowly into the water.

The warm beads soaked my skin, soothing my muscles. I continued further, submerging myself till my jaw as I let the warmth of this place engulf me in a false sense of comfort and security. Coming back up I watched as Ruby and Faye with the help of Raya and Penelope poured in some scenting oils and rose petals. I combed my fingers through my wet curls, pushing down the water from my hair I proceeded to run my hands over my body, bathing myself in the sweet scent.
After concluding I was lead out of the bath, slipping into my robe and following the maids back to my room. Immediately we set foot they began getting me ready, tugging on my attire.

I stepped into the dress as Ruby helped me pull the sleeves up. I watched myself through the mirror, my heart raced and my palms were clammy as I rubbed them together in angst. I tried to inhale deep breaths and calm myself but I couldn't. Flashes from my dream swarmed through my mind, prodding at my fears and pulling my nerves. My head throbbed and my stomach squeezed, I needed to get a grip or at least tell someone about my dream or else it would drive me crazy.