{Plot 3}• CHAPTER III

𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘 💕

His scent enveloped me, leaving me having flashbacks of the feeling of his hands all over me. A shiver flew down my spine, leaving a blush to crawl across my cheeks, tainting my skin for all eyes to see. I had sent the maids away shortly after they finished helping me get dressed, the sheepish smiles on their faces floating over my head. I wanted some time alone in the room I spent the first night with Darius.

He was behaving weird earlier on but I didn't question it. He said he was fine. Walking around the room I let my hands graze over every surface and when I was certain the cherubims on the ceilings weren't watching I couldn't help but force his pillow against my nose, inhaling his scent deeply. I couldn't help the smile that tugged at the corners of my lips. Yep, I was whipped.

The nerve tickling butterflies set sail in my stomach, stiring me up. My eyes landed on the book he was writing in last night and I let my curiosity take over. Bending to pick the book it slipped out of my hands, a little unprepared for the weight. Reaching down for it I caught sight of something in the corner. Pulling it out it was two books stacked over each other. They had the same seal as the many other books I kept finding around the castle. A crease formed between my brows in confusion. Running my hands over the foreign material that hugged the book covers tightly I traced the indent on the book in fascination.

Why is this in Darius' chambers? I really wanted to investigate where these books kept coming from and how they were always my favorite genre; romance. But first I had to pay Orchid a visit in the pack hospital building and probably meet the rest of my ladies there as well.

Walking down the stone hallway I could hear audible snickering coming from the ladies and servants that were hurdled in the corners of the path. I didn't spare them anything more than a curious glance before I continued on my way. Beautiful evergreen grass and three leaf clovers that covered the lawn crunched under my feet as I walked over to the infirmary. I kept getting the odd feeling of someone's eyes on me, precisely a pair of hazel eyes. But when I heard footsteps I stopped, my heart beat had increased and I could feel the tension in me rising.

Slowly I turned around coming face to face with an unfamiliar guard. I was only able to tell he was a guard for what he wore but it was a lot darker than what the other guards were. I let my eyes register the deep black colour of his shortly cut curls that sat at his shoulders, he was postured with his chest out and his hands behind his back. Piercing blue eyes adorned his face, his thick brows and broad jawline only added to his intimidating aura. He looked like he had done his fair share of Knight training for a while but it couldn't compare to Darius' deliciously impressive build.

Wait, did I just compare a total stranger to- "Who are you?"

His eyes finally landed on me, his gaze sharpening with respect "My apologies your majesty" he took a slight bow, his posture and demeanor one of precision. "I am your new personal body guard, Maximus" he informed making my brows fly into my hairline in shock and disbelief.

"New personal bodyguard?" I repeated incredulously. "Who assigned you such a duty?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"His Royal Highness" he answered shortly, his eyes patient. He didn't speak a words as I nibbled on my pink plum lips, deep in thought. Darius assigned me a personal guard without telling me?

"You can go I think this was a mistake" I excused him, turning around to continue walking but he kept following till I reached the cobblestone path of the infirmary. I turned around, making him stop a few feet away from me. "Why are you still following me?"

"Because I can't leave your side your majesty, King's orders"

I silently grumbled, contemplating whether or not I wanted to go confront Darius now or visit Orchid with this guard hovering over me. I sighed, turning around to walk into the infirmary. I smiled and waved at the doctors and nurses that were littered around.