{Plot 1} •Chapter ◇TÉÑ

𖡃𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐒𖡃
/𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐝æ𝐫𝐢^𝐬 𝐥/

The evening sun had set, her bright rays sipping through the gapes of the curtains and dancing along my closed eyelids. I let my eyes open, a sigh leaving my lips.

She did not rebuke me, she gave me my gift. After so many centuries I finally found her. She fell right at my feet, the sweetest mixture of flowers and vanilla wafted up my nostrils, leaving me dazed for a second. Her scent was so strong yet so gentle it had phoenix growling with want and something I never thought I would be able to feel again. Possessiveness. She smelt so deliciously enticing it was intoxicating.

"𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐬" phoenix growled, realization snapping me out for my daze. "Claim mate, mate" he pushed, threatening to surface before I reigned him in, assuring him our mate would be going nowhere.

I let my eyes travel down her form and I felt all the air get stuck in my lungs. She was breathtaking. Dark curls framed the curve of her face, a few tendrils at the nape of her neck. Her face was flushed and pale, fear clear in her honey brown eyes. Her Cupid bow shaped lips were rosy red, a contrast to her pale skin. My jaw ticked, tightening as I tried to control myself. What she had on exposed her beautiful legs for all eyes to see. They were teasing, like a little kitten. I towered over her form effortlessly, probably intimidating her. She looked frail and almost ghost-like, the scene making my heart clench and my insides twist.

Phoenix felt it too, something wasn't right here. She began frantically fiddling with a napkin in a failed attempt to wipe off the stains that had covered my attire. Honestly I couldn't care less, the fear in her eyes had me concerned to the point where I wanted nothing more than to hold her little form in my arms and shield her from whatever she was afraid of. My wolf could feel it, the primal need to protect and be there for her. The bond was already surfacing.

I watched on slowly as her big doe eyes gazed up at me, wide and terrified. She stared at me for a moment, her nostrils flaring as she took in my scent. A crease formed between her brows and I had to resist the urge to smooth them out. Phoenix was stirring... he wanted to feel her, to have her with us. He was scared. We were scared. We finally found her and we could not afford losing her, not now. I had to calm him, taking in deep breaths to calm the swirl of emotions that were surging through my insides.
I came out of my daze, watching from the corner of my eye as Alpha Nicholas stalked forward. His face was a mix of fear and anger, his hand raised to strike my mates cheek and I snapped. She flinched, shutting her eyes tight, getting ready to be lashed.

I grabbed him by the throat, pulling his body off the ground effortlessly.
"𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞" I growled, my voice dripping with dominance and authority. Phoenix was in control of my vocals, projecting his rule over all the wolves in the room. The walls shook, the floors crumbling underneath my feet. Everyone fell to their knees, their head bowed in submission to my roar.

I wasn't pushed to the back of my mind, for the first time both Phoenix and I were in control. My claws extended, drawing crimson blood from the Alpha's neck, my dark slits directed at him with intent to kill. My canines extended, ready to rip out his throat and punish him for the audacity he had to try to hurt my mate.

I registered my mate's body going limp before her knees buckled and she fell. I dropped the Alpha, going for her. She fell into my arms, her eyelids fluttering closed, the last thing I saw was a melted pool of honey burning into my dark eyes, her pupils dilating as if taking in the memory. I gathered her body in my arms, tingles and rippling sensations burning my skin as my palms scaled her bare thighs. Phoenix growled, his arousal unmissable. Not now! I scolded him, making him whimper and retreat to the back of my mind.