Dinner

Lizzie POV

The shower I took was exactly what I needed at the moment and before I'll get myself into ordering some wine I need to eat something. I still haven't seen scar but I noticed that the room was used and her perfume cloud was in here for a while which means that she wasn't gone for long.

Cobie seemed like a really nice and genuine person and I'm exited for tonight's events. I jumped into a comforting dress and after getting ready I walked down sitting outside to enjoy gebe view while having dinner.

„Miss Olsen?" the waiter asked as he stopped next to me.

„Yes please?" I asked sounding confused because he knew my name.

„I was told you where looking forward for the wine up here. This is a gift from us. If you'd like I would pour you some of our finest wine with your upcoming dinner." he showed me the bottle and I nod smiling yet still confused why I get this „gift".

„I would love to thank you."

„Of course. I hope you have a pleasant stay here."

„Thank you" I thanked him again and he nod walking off.

„at least the wine is good." I mumbled to myself as I enjoyed the taste of it.

„I hope your enjoying my peace offering?" I turned my head seeing scar standing there with her martini glass half empty.

„You Are not the one who needs to apologize.
But is this your way of waving the white flag?"
I asked sarcastic and she chuckled at my response.

„I feel like I do. I just Bursted out and left you there in the middle of nowhere. I gotta say I'm kinda surprised you made it up here in once piece." I rolled my eyes at her cocky reply.

„It's okay. I was in the wrong. You where honest and I was just not thinking about how you feel or felt." she sat down and adjusted to the comfortable chair.

„Besides. I made a friend on the way up and she helped me a lot." I added and added and she raised a brow at me.

„Wow? Already making plans on replacing me?"

„You Are irreplaceable scar. I wouldn't be the same without you and I feel like I don't say it enough."
I told her as I took her hand that was resting on the table.

„Same applies to you." she added and I smiled softly.

„Can we talk about it-." I began and she shook her head.

„Please. I just wanna enjoy the night and forget for a couple hours about what has been said and done.
If you still want you we can talk about it tomorrow. Or after the weekend... or never."
She interrupted as she took the last sip of her martini.

„Okay. I can agree on that. But we have to talk about it eventually." I told her and she hummed.

„mind if I?" she pointed at the wine bottle next to us and I nod giving her the bottle.

„Of course go ahead."

„Thanks." right after e poured herself some wine, the waiter came around with the food I ordered but so know I didn't order for two so I don't get why he is bringing multiple plates.

„Here you go miss." he placed the plates down for the both of us and scar looked just as confused as I did.

„Did you order for me?" she asked and I shook my head.

„No i didn't." I told her and I looked at the waiter questioning.

„I'm sorry I didn't order that much. You must have the wrong table sir." he smiled gently and shook his head.

„This Little Welcome Dinner goes on
Miss Smulders. I should add the message that she will be pleased to see you both tonight at the masked ball. The fitting gowns are waiting in your room as well." he nod and we both glanced at each other.

„over bring her a big thank you from the both of us and that she shouldn't have put so much effort into welcoming us. We will be happy to join tonight." I replied and he nod walking off.

„You definitely got sone explaining to do. What is all of this? Who did you meet on the way up??"
She asked while pointing down on the food.

„I have no idea who she is. But she was really kind and she insisted on seeing the both of us at the masked ball tonight. You where planing on going there too or did you had no idea when you booked this for us?"

„I had no clue. But I won't complain about this invitation. This could be a great night."

„I know. I'm curious."

„And did I catch it right from him, our fitting gowns are waiting for us in our room?"
She asked as she chewed on her food.

„She insisted on giving us both something to wear."

„But she has never seen me. How will she know what fits me?" she asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

„You're asking the wrong one cause I don't have any idea how. But seems like she is a known person. Might as well got something to say on how they have treated me when I mentioned her name at the reception."

„A toast to whoever you got on the fishing rod."
She raised her glass and we let them clink together.

„I have a feeling this will be a fancy occasion."

„Me too. A masked ball could be an amusing experience."

„I know. Who knows who's gonna be there. I've actually never been in one."

„Neither have I. But hey there is always a first time for everything." she smiled and I nod at her comment.

We enjoyed our food and the alcohol was giving me a light and warm feeling making me forget most of the things that swirl through my head.

The night crawled in and the sunset was beautiful to watch. After our dinner we went into our room to get ready for the night that stays ahead of us.

...