A Familiar stranger

Narrator POV

Lizzie and Scar where both enjoying the night to the fullest. Both where slightly over the tipsy phase and they felt good so far. The drinks where good the company as well and the music was keeping them moving.

Of course you got some guys hitting on every single one them but this was expected.
Seems like a woman can't be left alone to dance and drink. But they weren't intrusive when it came to a turn down. Of course they didn't like the answer but a no is a no. It's not a maybe. It's not an I'll think about it try it later again. It's most definitely not a yes. It's a simple no and there is no other meaning behind it.

Scar and Cobie have both become a bit more touchy and they have definitely reached a more comfortable flow. Probably because of the drinks but they both where flirty already before being tipsy.

„Scar I'll go out to get some air okay!"

„Do you want me to come with you?" scar asked back and she shook her head.

„No. Enjoy your time I'll be back." she informed her as she was still dancing with Cobie close by.

Lizzie POV

I finally got away from the dance floor and the crowds weren't that big anymore. The sounds of glass clinking, people talking and music are filling my ears and my body in general. Before I went out to a place that was a bit far away from the crowd I got myself another glass of wine. They really do have a great wine.

As I was walking on and on the sound where starting to get lighter and fainter. I was finally able to hear my own breath and thought in silence. I walked around the corner to exit but before I knew it I bumped into someone who made me spill the glass of wine on them.

„Oh shit. I'm so sorry I didn't see you right around the corner. I mean how could I because you where around the corner and omg I spilled my drink all over you. Shit." I mumbled hectic as I was trying to rub the growing red stain away from the blouse.

The person didn't move or react towards what happened at all and I stopped what I was doing now taking the time to look at her.

„it's fine." she replied in a whisper and I don't know why but to me she seems so off track.

„A-are you okay Miss?" I asked as I stepped back to let the distance between us grow. She looked down at her blouse and then back up to me.

„I'm doing great thanks." she answered serious and she started to rub the wine spot on her blouse.

„Sure you're not doing great."

„Wow am I so easy to read?" she asked and I shook my head.

„No I didn't mean that. It's just you sound so serious and you rub your blouse like a maniac."
I pointed out and she rolled her eyes.

„Guess I should head off and wash this out with some soap.. thanks for the stain misses." she pointed down and I walked off with her.

„You won't be able to get it out with water and soap. Did your mother not teach you how to get red wine out of fabric?" I asked and she stopped.

„No because I never had one to teach me that."
She pointed out and my heart aches as I hear this.

„I-I'm so sorry." I told her and she smiled faintly.

„It's fine. I didn't even know her. I don't get how I'm sad about it that I never had her. I don't even know why I'm telling you this right now. Sorry."

This reminds me of Nora. How can I still be so sad about it even though I never had her. Just in a sexual way and yet I'm somehow attached to her.

„no it's alright. I'm not complaining about the things you say. Seems like you don't have anyone to talk about it." I replied and she chuckled.

„Wow now you even call a stranger a loner?
First you spill your wine over me now this.
I can't believe you." she joked around and I'm glad she does.

„I didn't mean it that way. You can still have friends and yet have no one to talk to. Maybe they don't understand how you feel."

„And what makes you think you understand me?"
She asked confused probably because we just bumped into each other minutes ago.

„I don't know. Intuition. I feel like I know you from somewhere even though we just met."

„I hate to break it to you but I don't think we know anything about each other." she told me and I took a closer look at her now.

„Well then why don't we change that? I'm Lizzie."
I stretched my hand out and she looked down at it and then at me.

„Margot." she answered simply.

„See now I know your name at least."
She laughed lowly and I feel like I've head that laugh before.

„Are you okay?" she asked me and I nod.

„Yeah why wouldn't I be?" I asked her back.

„Because you just drifted off." she explained and she's right. She reminds me of Nora. This is why I drifted off. Everything about her reminds me of her.

„I'm sorry you just remind me of a friend I've lost."

„I'm sorry for your loss." she stroked my shoulder and smiled faintly.

„It's okay. I mean it's not but I guess I gotta get used to it. To never have her around again."
I told her and she grabbed my hand leading us to another way than we planned before.

„You know we should get vinegar and lemon juice from the kitchen so we can remove that huge stain I created."

„No we change the plans. Here. I think you need this more." she opened the glass door and we walked out on a big balcony with a bench on it.

„I need a view?" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

„No. You need an open conversation to let the things out you want. I'm a stranger, anything can happen and I'm sure we won't see each other again after. So if I can take some weight of your shoulders by just listening I'll do that."

„So you always so nice to strangers?" i asked her.

„Only to good looking ones. Just kidding. I mean you look good. Stunning even but I'm not judging people by their look. I do it by their personality, and I just felt that you carry something heavy with you. So..." she lead me to the bench and we sat down in front of the moon and stars.

„Let it out Lizzie. I'll listen." she encouraged me while a familiar smile rested on her face. A face that was covered by her mask.

...