13

When Mandy came back from working on her new home she walked in to find Tae and Kris fast asleep curled around each other. Based on the dishes it looks like he fed her, so he can live another day she mused. She crouched down, shaking his shoulder, "hey, I'm back. You can go back to your home now."

"Why," he whined in the typical Omega way, something that Mandy had to get used to so she didn't give into everything that Kris wanted.

"You know why, now go before I lock you out tomorrow. You want to be with her tomorrow don't you?"

"You know I do," he grumbled as he rubbed his eyes with his fists.

"Then go and you can come back in the morning." He continued to whine as he gathered his things.

He pulled a fur out of his bag, "here, I scented it so it should help her sleep." And then he was gone.

"Why did you make him go?"

Mandy gave Kris a pointed look, "you know why. I'm not going to sleep next to the two of you making kissy faces. Gag me."

"Did you get a start on your new house?"

"I did, I got the base finished. Tomorrow I'll work on the walls. It won't be permanent, but it'll work until I can actually build a cabin."

"Or," Kris sighed as she sat up and waved her arms around the cabin they were staying in. "You could stay here."

"This is Kook's place, not mine. I don't take from others, you know that. I have to make it on my own, I have a thousand more things to prove because of what I am."

Kris waited until Mandy was in a deep sleep before she left the cabin and made her way to Tae's, she didn't even knock, just opened the door and crawled into his bed with him. He hummed a bit in his sleep as he wrapped his arms around her tightly, his nose going to her hair.

Mandy woke up the next morning and looked around not seeing Kris, based on the smell she had been gone for a long time. 'how do they expect us to protect them when they run into another wolf's arms head first? we were good enough when they were running but now they could care less about us.'

'they are in love, just let them be. If they aren't safe, you know I'll set you free to kill them all.'

'fine,' her wolf huffed, 'but you better not hold me back or restrict me.'

She skipped breakfast again in favor of going to hunt. There were so many more wolves to feed now that it was honestly stressful and overwhelming. She brought down an elk when she heard him approaching, "you know, as the hunter for the pack you are doing a remarkable job at putting me out of work."

She shifted and took the clothes Jimin handed her, they smelled like him and Yoongi, meaning they share them a lot. "Thanks, uh sorry. I, I don't like to not be useful. There are not many things I'm good at so at least if I can provide food, I won't feel so guilty."

His head cocked to the side, "and why do you feel guilty?"

"Habit I guess, a life of not being wanted for anything other than bearing pups."

The first month they stayed at the camp was amazing, Kat was already mated and in love with her two mates, Jin just found out that he was carrying their first pup, Kris was making Tae go through every hoop possible to be her mate and Yoongi and Jimin were absolutely exasperated over the fact that every courting gift they've tried to give Mandy, ends up with her pack.

Jimin found the prettiest black bear and made the most gorgeous cloak for her, both him and Yoongi scented it within an inch of their life. They gave it to her one night after dinner, where she made a really confused face and Kris cooed over how pretty is was so Mandy wrapped it around Kris and told her she could have it. Then Yoongi made a moon sculpture, he worked on it for weeks and when he gave it to Mandy she again looked so confused. But then Kat was so excited about it and how pretty it was that Mandy handed it over and said she can have it.

They had no idea what was going on. Was she rejecting their courtship? She technically accepted the gifts, she just gave them away to her pack. She had been steadily working on her little home in the woods while they did everything to combine their two houses together since they were right next to each other. 

Hobi chuckled when Yoongi told him the plan, "that is going to be the ugliest house ever. You can't just put two houses together and call it a home. It doesn't work that way."

"Yeah well, until we can build a better home this is going to have to be it. Because both of our cabins are too small for three Alphas."

Snort, "what makes you think she'll even want to live with you? She's building her own home and your latest courting gift is sitting on top of my dresser."

"Shut up okay, ask your mate why she keeps giving everything away."

Hobi threw his hands up, he'd already asked and when Kat told him that Mandy had no idea they were courting gifts he about died. "Oh no, you got to figure this out on your own Alpha."

Mandy was pacing in front of Kris and Kat, "I just don't get it. Why do they keep doing this weird shit? I can hunt for myself, I've proven that right? I mean, why do they keep giving me furs and these little wooden things? I don't even have a home to put them in. And why give me stuff I can't use? Alphas make no sense." She was ranting and it was cracking them up so much.

Kris leaned into Kat's space, "I'm gonna tell her."

Kat smacked her hand over Kris' mouth, "don't you dare. This is hilarious."