Chapter 27

Niall can't help but stare at Ella as she sleeps. He notices all her little imperfections, but still fonds over them.

He has been awake for the past hour since he's about to leave for an early morning interview on a radio station.

He reaches out and gently caresses her cheek. He can't believe someone actually tried to scare, potentially hurt this girl.

His girl.

During the night, that's all he could think about as he held her. What person would do that? Why would they do that? She is a good person, why would someone want to hurt her?

His stomachs twists when he remembers her crying on the phone. His poor Ella was in danger, all because of him.

He frowns and kisses her forehead. "I promise Ella, I will not hurt you. I will not give up on you. I will find this person and they suffer the consequences."

Ella stirs a little and cuddles closer against him. He can feel her take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Niall?" Ella mumbles suddenly, almost causing him to jump.

"Oh, I didn't mean to wake you." He replies softly as she keeps her eyes closed.

"It's okay," she grabs his hand blindly and pulls it around her. "Sleep with me."

"I would love to sleep, but I have an interview."

She blinks her eyes open and smiles when she sees him. "What time is it right now?"

"About 6:30am."

She makes a face and groans. "Damn, it's too early. Come back to bed with me."

"I wish. But don't worry, Alberto will be in the guest bedroom after I leave." He runs his hand down her cheek. "You'll be safe."

"Okay," she whispers softy. "Come back soon as I might miss you."

He laughs and kisses her forehead. "All right, I gotta go. See you later."

She nods gently and closes her eyes. "Have fun."

----------

He taps his foot against the chair as he waits for the radio host to give him the cue. He's at the local radio station to do some small promo and then he's going back to the hotel to see Ella. However, later today he will have 1 interview for a talk show.

He checks his phone and sees a message from Ella.

"I miss you so much. The bed is empty and I'm cold.:("

He smiles and types, "I miss you too. Why aren't you asleep?"

"Because my boyfriend left me early this morning and I miss him terribly." She replies.

Just as he was about to reply, the radio host gives him the cue.

"And we have the writer of that very song! Niall Horan!" Says the host.

Niall fixes his headphones and leans into the mic. "Hiii it's Niall here."

"So glad you're here Niall. Could you tell us about your song?"

"Well," Niall starts. "It's about someone having feelings for someone but not sure if they want to make a commitment."

"Interesting. The song is very vague and mysterious. Speaking of commitments, how is everything going?"

"Everything is going great. She's an amazing girl. She is my rock...my anchor...." He smiles. "She is truly my everything..."

"Awww! So was she the inspiration for your song?"