Chapter 47

Ella shuts the door behind her. She is beyond confused. She can't let this happen...

"I need to speak to someone," she whispers to herself and grabs her phone from her pocket. She quickly dials a number. "Please answer. Please."

"Hello?" Says a familiar voice.

"Harry? Harry it's Ella." She tries to stay calm.

"Ella? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Harry I need someone to talk to." She says and starts pacing the room. "It's urgent."

"I'm all ears. What's on your mind?" Harry says calmly.

"Harry, I had a moment today. Just a moment." Ella taps her hand against her thigh.

"A moment of what?"

"I felt something just...come alive. I felt something...with Niall." She starts to explain all that has happened with James and Niall these past few days.

"-and so we was comforting me as I was crying. And when he touched my cheek, I felt something all too familiar." She breathes. "And I don't know if it's what I think it is."

"Oh...oh no, Ella. You're starting to have feelings for Niall."

"Noooo don't say that Harry." She groans and shakes her head. "It can't be happening."

"But it is. Listen Ella, sometimes you have to face the facts. He's stuck by you and help you through so much. He's done a lot. More than he's ever done when you were dating." Harry says. "You had to have expected this. I mean, it was bound to happen."

"I know that, but I was trying my best to avoid it. And that didn't happened so now I'm stuck in the middle." Ella sits down on her bed. "I don't need this right now..."

"Why not? You deserve to be happy."

"But Harry, I've been through this with Niall before-"

"He obviously changed since you came back into his life. Never would I expected Niall doing what he has been doing for just anyone. You're special to him. Doesn't that mean something?" Harry questions. "Does that not show you how much he truly changed?"

"It's complicated though. Like, he told me he wants to start singing again. I have to go through that life again, you know?" Ella runs a hand through her hair. "I hate this."

"Ella, love will conquer everything."

"It's not love Harold!" She groans. "It's not love!"

"Yet my darling! Now, please think about we talked about. If you do come to terms that you do in fact like him, then you need to find a way to let him know that without scaring him away." Harry suggests. "You have a lot of thinking."

Ella grimaces. "I know. It's a lot. But thanks for hearing me out Harry."

"Sure thing, anytime you need me! Goodnight Ella. I think Louis is starting to wake up."

They say their goodbyes and hang up. Ella lays down on her bed and sighs deeply.

She is so conflicted. She really cares about Niall and appreciates him. Things are going to get weird if she tells him she likes him. What if he doesn't feel the same way? Oh lord, awkward...