Chapter 5

"What do you mean you don't know what happened?" Louis paces back and forth in the living room.

"We had lunch, we got mobbed, and then when I dropped her off...she seemed upset. I asked what was wrong and she told me not to worry."

Louis sighs deeply and runs his hand through his hair. "Of course she would say that. Did she look upset before the mobbing?"

"Yeah, she told me a story about one of her embarrassing moments," Niall chews on his pen. "But other than that, no. I held her hand and kept her close when we got mobbed."

"Huh, then I don't know! Something is wrong though. She doesn't like to let you know when she is upset." Louis leans against the wall. "Maybe you should call her."

"I tried earlier and nothing."

"Then keep calling or something. She can't be upset at you." Louis crosses his legs. "Right?"

"No, she has no reason." Niall rubs his eyes and groans. "I don't know what to do. I don't want her upset. I even tried to cheer her up at lunch!"

"I know, but either keep calling or give her some space. Eventually she will come clean."

Niall looks at Louis from the sofa. He sees worry in his eyes and can only hope Louis is right.

------------------

Two days have passed and still no word from Ella. Niall hasn't left his flat since that day in hopes she will call. He hasn't been sleeping very well due to the constant worry about her. He has tried calling, texting, and leaving voicemails and nothing.

"Hey Ella, please call me back. Please?" Niall says and hangs up. He lets out a sigh and buries his head in the pillow.

However, during the past two days, the media have been talking about him and Ella. They have figured out more stuff about her via co-workers. When Niall found out, he wanted to go punch the person who snitched in the face.

"Ellllaaa" he groans. The past few days have made him feel very uncomfortable with his feelings. He really shouldn't care this much.

Niall rolls over onto his back and stares as the cieling. "What should I do?"

He looks over at the nightstand and sees his car keys. "Should I really drive up there?"

"Duh, of course you should. That's the only way you can see she's okay," his conscience says.

He sits up and grabs his keys. "Let's do this."

-----------

He walks up the stairs to the 3rd floor of Ella's flat. He stares at the door before knocking on it. He hears footsteps coming and unlocking the door.

"Hello?" Ella says quietly before opening the door.

"Ella? It's Niall. Please let me in?"

"Niall? What are you doing here?" She replies but still doesn't open the door.

"Came to make sure you were okay and talk. Can I come in? It's a bit chilly outside."

Ella hesitates before sliding the door open slowly.

She's in her PJ bottoms, tank top, and hair pulled back into a pony tail. She doesn't look up at Niall. "Yeah...sure."

He slowly walks inside the small apartment. He hears the door shut and then turns around.

"Ella," he says quietly, taking a small step forward. "Please, tell me what is wrong?"

"It's nothing," she replies and leans against the door.