Chapter 33

Niall slowly opens his eyes, avoiding the sun beaming through the windows. His head hurts...so much.

He wipes his mouth and blinks. Instinctively, he reaches for Ella but doesn't find her. He suddenly realizes he is not in his bed. He opens his eyes and sees that he's been asleep on the sofa. He looks over and sees Ella is on the ground with a pillow and blanket, asleep.

He rubs his temples and tries to remember what happened. He remembers Ella sitting him down on the sofa and her leaving. But afterwards, he guesses he passed out on the couch after the party.

He looks back at Ella and frowns. He doesn't want to wake up Ella, but he doesn't want her to be asleep on the hard ground.

He slowly stands up, making sure to get his balance together. He checks his phone and sees it's only 7:30am. Still early for them to be awake.

He bends down and gently grabs Ella from the arms. She is lightly snoring and doesn't feel him wrapping her arms around his neck. Niall puts his arms around her and slowly picks her up bridal style.

"Let's go to bed sweetie."

---------------------

Ella stretches out and feels a familiarity. She reaches out and feels soft cushion under her palm. She blinks her eyes open and sees she's in the bedroom, on the bed.

She rubs her eyes and blinks again. She doesn't see Niall. She rolls over onto her back and looks at the clock. It's 9:20am.

She hears rustling in the bathroom and guesses Niall is showering. She sits up and stretches. Her back hurts a little from sleeping on the ground.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opens and niall steps out with the towel wrapped around his waist, towel drying his hair.

"Good morning" she says, causing him to look up.

"Oh! Good morning babe," he replies. "Didn't mean to wake you."

She smiles and runs her hand through her hair. "It's okay. How are you feeling?"

"Hungover, but better after showering." He walks over to her and kisses her forehead. "I woke up earlier and saw you on the ground. So I decided to bring you upstairs."

Reaching out, Ella rubs his cheek and smiles sleepily. "Mm...thank you babe. You didn't have to-"

"I know but you were on the ground." He pats her knee. "So I brought you up here so you can sleep."

Ella smiles. "Always watching out for me."

He kisses her quickly on Lips and squeezes her hand. "Always."

------------

"So, any news yet about the house?" Ella asks as they walk down the sidewalk.

Niall is still hungover but they needed to run errands.

"Not yet," he replies and squeezes her hand. "I hope so soon." He pulls her into a small jewelry store. 

"Hello Mr. Horan!" Says a bald man in a crisp navy blue suit. "Came here to pick up your things?"

"Yes Charles!" Niall looks at Ella who is giving him a weird look. "I had to pick up some things."

"Hello! Sorry to be rude! Hello Miss-..." Says Charles, holding out his hand.

"Ella, my name is Ella." She responds and shakes his hand. "Nice to meet you!"

"OHHH Ella? The one that's been dating this weirdo?" He teases.