Chapter 44

The next day, Ella finds herself in the recording studio with Niall. He and another person she don't remember their name are going over some lyrics for a song.

She is wearing sunglasses, hat, and cardigan to hide her identity. She hasn't said a word in about two hours. Which really is a lot of effort...

"Next should be, 'I can hardly breathe. Just kiss me endlessly'." Says the guy and writes something on his notebook.

"Right," Niall nods and presses a button on his laptop. He looks over at Ella who shrugs at him. Giving him a signal that she needs to speak with him.

"Hey, I could use a break man. How about a 10 minute break, yeah?" Niall suggests as he closes his laptop.

"Sure thing," the guy replies and stands up. "I'll make a call to Brendon, and see what he says."

Niall nods as the guy walks out of the studio.

"My lord I thought I was going to die." Ella groans as she takes off the sunglasses. "I can't stand being quite."

"I'm sorry," Niall says and grabs his phone. "Paul texted me, he wants to know if you need anything?"

"Yeah my life back." She mumbles and pouts.

"What?" Niall asks as he types away. "I didn't hear you."

"Nothing." She groans and stands up. She stretches. "I hate being so still."

"You want to go back to the hotel?" Niall asks, looking up at her. "I might be a few more hours. Maybe more if Brendon records today."

She groans again. "Oh lord...yeah. Tell paul to take me back to the hotel."

He nods and quickly texts paul. "Should be here in about 15mins."

Ella leans back. "Okay. Maybe I can catch some sleep."

"Maybe," he responds and turns back around. "So, have you gotten any calls or texts?"

"From Jamie? Yeah. But I haven't read the texts.." She shrugs and runs a hand through her hair. "I'm not ready to speak to him."

"Understandable." He presses a button the sound board. A tune starts playing in the studio.

"Did you do this? The tune?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yep! Thinking about using it this time around."

Ella stands up from the sofa and walks around the studio. "So, what's your schedule after this mini-trip?"

"I've gotta head to Sweden, work with Calvin Harris, and then back home for a while." He rubs his eyes. "I think."

"So technically tomorrow we're leaving?"

"Yeah. Late tomorrow evening to arrive during the day in Sweden." Niall replies and grabs a pen. "So, think about what I said...Okay?"

She looks at him, he's writing something down on a sheet of paper. "Okay..."

His phone buzzes and he looks down at it. "Cmon, paul is here. Get your things and I'll sneak you out."

--------

Once at the hotel, Ella showers and orders room service. She ate her food and laid down on the sofa. She has a lot to think about tonight.