Chapter 23

"Ella, darling," Niall whispers into her ear. "Oh, Ella..."

"Hmmm?" She tries to swat his face away. "Too early."

He dodges her hand and kisses her cheek. "Guess what day it is."

"I don't knooowww," she turns her back towards him.

"It's my girl's birthday." He slides his hand down her arm. "And it's almost 10 a.m. So you better wake up."

He pinches her lightly. "Ow!" She whines. "What the fu-"

Niall interrupts with her with a deep kiss. He immediately pulls away before she can react.

"Good morning birthday girl." He smacks her bum gently. "Wakey, wakey!"

"Gosh," she groans and rubs her eyes. "It's too early!"

"I don't care! We have a big day ahead!" He rubs her side. "Cmon babe, please get up. I have a bath ready to start off your day. You don't want it to get cold, do you?"

"Are you coming with me?" She looks at him and smirks.

He shakes his head. "Nope, you're a big girl. You can handle it."

"That's not what I meant," she punches his shoulder lightly.

He smiles and rubs his nose against hers. "I know, but no. I have things to do."

"Could that be me?"

Niall throws his head back and laughs hard. What the actual fuck?

"Oh my god Ella! What the hell?! Dear Lord, go take a bath!"

--------

"You're telling me that you planned the entire day?" Ells sips her orange juice.

"Pretty much." He leans against the kitchen counter. "Hope you don't mind."

"Well that depends," she rubs his freshly shaved chin. "What are the plans?"

"First, I'm taking you to the studio with me. I have something to show you. Second, you'll see. Third, it will come after the second event."

She raised her eyebrow. "Studio?"

"Yeah!" Niall looks at Ella. "Do you wanna leave right now?"

She nods her head and gulps down the rest of her juice. "Let's go!"

----------

"This is really huge. Holy shit." She gapes. "No wonder you enjoy being in here."

"It's all right. It's just another home." He sets his guitar down on the stand.

He watches as Ella looks at the soundboard of different buttons and colors.

"This is...pretty cool." She runs her finger along the buttons. "So many buttons! How do you remember?"

"A lot of studying actually." He pulls his hoodie over his head. "I brought you here because I think it's time I showed you something."

Ella turns around and watches Niall grab his guitar. She grabs the closest chair to him and sits down.

Niall stands and strums his guitar once. "Well, you remember how I said Katy Perry is singing a song that I wrote? Well, that song...I wrote it for you. I was inspired by the start of this whole situation. I just felt...like writing would help with the feelings I was developing. But honestly, I think writing this song made me more aware."

He starts strumming and Ella watches as his slim fingers work the strings.

"Hey, a casual affair...that could go anywhere...and only for tonight." He sings. "Take any moment, take any time. A lover on the left, a sinner on the right. Just lay, in the atmosphere. A casual affair, hush, hush, don't say a word. "