Chapter 42

It's been almost 3 months since Ella and Niall have spoken to each other. Ella has been hanging out with Jamie whenever he was in town. Niall has been away writing and producing music for various artists.

Recently, Jamie and Ella have decided to 'get to know each other' before making anything official. So as of now, they're just speaking and really knowing each other.

---------

"Now before you get to "What if I want..." make sure you take a breath." Niall says as he tells Douglas, lead singer of SafetySuit.

"No problem," Douglas replies and puts the headphones back on.

Niall has been in Los Angeles for the past week working with SafetySuit on their new album. He's been traveling a lot lately around the world. Anything to keep himself busy.

As the recording session resumed, the secretary walks inside the studio.

"Horan, you got a call on Line 2."

"From who?" He asks.

"Louis Tomlinson."

-----------

Ella stretches out on her legs onto Jamie's lap. He pats her knee and sips his coffee.

"Enjoying yourself?" He asks, looking at her.

They're at her little apartment, relaxing before Jamie leaves in the morning.

"Yeah," she replies and leans back against the sofa. "It's been a fun three days."

"Glad you enjoyed it."

He took her to an amusement park, zip lining, and ice skating. Not to mention the times when they would sit down and watch Netflix.

"Despite the fact we did get papped yesterday," he runs his finger along her leg. "Which I apologize."

"It's okay. Im used to it."

"Yeah, I know." He runs a hand through his hair. "How was that though? The papping i mean When you and him were dating?"

"Well, it was tough at first. Truly a pain in the ass. But then I just got used to them."

"Yeah, after a while it just doesn't affect you as much." He switches channels with the remote.

Things are going smoothly with Jamie. They're getting to know each other more and more. Last night, Jamie hinted that he would like to be official. However, Ella didn't say much and pretended she didn't hear him.

Does she like him? Yes.

The same way he likes her? Not so sure.

Her phone vibrates, bringing her back from her thoughts. She sees Louis' name on caller ID.

"Hang on, I gotta go take this call." She tells Jamie and she quickly gets off his lap. She walks outside, shuts the door, and presses the green button.

"Hello?"

"Ella, it's Louis."

"Hey Louis. How are you?"

"I'm okay. Just tired but okay." He laughs. "Listen, I need to speak with you."

"Sure, what's up?" She wishes she had grabbed her jacket.

"I spoke with Niall a while ago. Are you two not speaking again?"

"Well no, we had a big argument."

"Ah, how are things with you and Jamie?"

"Okay I guess. We're not official or anything. He's just...a fling?" She shrugs. That probably sounds bad but it's true. "For now I mean."