Chapter 3

So, I have put much thought into this fanfiction. I have agreed to doing 15-20 chapters. Yes, it's considerably shorter than "Temporary Bliss." And maybe 15-20K words. I have no idea!

--------------------------

Their second date start off with Ella sneaking out from the back of the flower shop. The press have made some articles already written about their first outing last week. They haven't figured out much about Ella besides "the mystery girl who works at Flower Haven."

So, listening to Louis' orders, Niall and Ella have agreed to go out to the local park for a bit of a picnic.

"Can you pass the turkey?" Ella says as she assembles her sandwich.

"So, I have an interview tomorrow night on BBC radio," Niall says as he passes the turkey. "Louis told me, if they ask, I should clarify our relaitonship."

"Oh really? And what exactly are you going to say?"

"Probably along the lines of what we talked about last week. We met at a party, I came up to you, and we kicked it off instantly." Niall shrugs and sips his pint. "And that we're not officially dating, that we're only tallking. Which is sort of true."

Ella nods and chews on her sandwich. "That I have changed your ways. Made you see the light!"

"Don't flatter yourself, but yeah I guess I could say that too."

She laughs and pats his knee. "Don't worry, just say what you gotta say. I'm just here for the ride and offer my help."

"So, I was wondering," Niall starts. "Like, what sort of music are you into? Just in case they ask."

"Anything really. For example, indie, pop, folk, R&B, etc. But right now, I'm obssessed with Arctic Monkeys! Favorite band at the moment!"

"Have you seen them in concert? I heard they're coming sometime in the next few months."

"No I haven't yet."

Hmmm...interesting...

"Oh no, don't you even think about it Niall," she says. "Don't you even think about buying me concert tickets."

Niall's mouth turns into a grin. "Nooo? Why would you say that?"

"I know that look. You were comtemplating something! I won't accept them for your information." She smacks his leg gently. "You don't need to get me anything, really."

He looks at her and tilts his head. "But...I want to."

"Then I won't accept them," she says, tone sounding stubborn. "We had an agreement. Don't go changing the terms."

Just as Niall was about to argue, Ella raises her hand. "Seriously, I don't want you feeling you owe me."

"But I do owe you," Niall insists.

Her mouth turns into a firm line, brows furrowing together. "Niall, seriously, don't feel that way."

With a sigh, he shakes his head. "Fine, maybe not with concert tickets. But can we agree to disagree?"

Ella opens her mouth, eyes narrowing as if she was about to argue further, but she simply says, "Okay."

For the rest of the picnic, they didn't exchange words until Niall told her it was time to leave due to having some writing to do, which he lied about.

The car ride back to the flower shop was just as quiet. The only thing that kept it from being totally awkward was the radio. Niall would glance over to see Ella staring out the window, arms crossed her chest.