Chapter 46

*this chapter will be skipping around. Pay attention!*

--------

Ella wakes up to the sound of music being played downstairs. She opens her eyes and remembers what happened these past 24 hours. The bruise on her arm staring at her.

Jamie.

She pulls the duvet over her head and sighs deeply.

Everything was real. The entire situation was real.

She reaches for her phone off the nightstand and finds a sticky note on it.

"Good morning Ella,
Hope you slept well! I will be working today for the most part, but feel free to keep me company! Maybe tonight we can go out for dinner? And by the way, I had Paul go out to buy you clothes and whatnot in the early morning. They're in the bathroom."

Niall"

She puts the note away in the drawer and slowly gets up. She is tired but she really needs to talk to Niall. But first, shower!

--------

Ella walks downstairs and turns towards the music. She finds herself in another room, a gigantic room.

She sees Niall sitting, back turned towards her, and tapping his pen on the paper.

"Hey Niall."

He quickly spins around and looks at her. "Good morning Ella. How are you?"

"Tired and sore to be honest." She walks over to a couch near the window. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to get inspiration," he sighs deeply. "So far, nothing."

"Niall, can we talk?"

He nods and grabs the stereo's remote, shutting it off. "What's up?"

"What am I going to do?"

"About what?"

"About Jamie. He can't keep bothering me and hurting me." She crosses her arms. "I can't live in fear."

"Ella," Niall says. "Don't worry, we got it taken care of."

"What? What do you-did you send paul to beat him up? Oh god Niall you can-"

"No, i can't do that!" He laughs. "I got in contact with my good friend, a judge, explained what happened, sent photos of your bruises, and judge immediately sent out a restraining order on Jamie. He can't be 150 meters from you."

"A restraining order?!" Her eyes go wide. "You did that?!?!"

"Not me, the judge." He smiles a bit. "You're safe now."

He stands up and walks over to her. He sits down next to her and grabs her hands. "Ella, your face says it all. You're shocked. I know, but it had to be done. I can't let that guy get near you and hurt you. I'm not going to let him give you more bruises."

He pulls back the sleeve on her jumper and examines the bruises. "Do you really think I'm not going to do anything about it??"

She looks at him. He went beyond than what she thought. Holy shit. He cares, a lot more than she expected.

"Why did you do that?" She asks softly.

"Because," he looks up at her. "No man should lay his hands on a woman. No matter what. He bruised you up Ella. He hurt you and I can't let him get away with it without consequences."

She pulls her hands away and hugs him tightly. "Thanks."

He hugs her back and squeezes her. " You're welcome. You know I'd do anything to keep you safe."