Chapter 41

***This will be skipping around, so stay alert :) ***

---------------
Three weeks have passed by since Niall's announcement of his 'break up.' So far, the media has been responding as planned.

Niall has been stuck in Berlin for the past two weeks, writing for different artists. So the media hasn't had the chance to properly 'pap' him.

Ella has been back home, working day and night. She recently picked up a second job as a hotel receptionist to pay her bills and to save money for a car. She works Mon-Wed at the flower shop, Fri-Sun at the hotel. She only has Thursdays off....

**********

"Hello, welcome to Garden Inn." She greets the customers as they enter. It's a beautiful day in early November.

She sighs as she sees the clock tick by. It's a slow Saturday morning. She works from 8am-8pm to get 36 hours a week at least.

"Hello, when does the pool open?" Asks the customer.

"It opens at 10am until 10pm. So in about 30 minutes." She smiles at the older man.

He nods, "Thank you ma'am." He turns around and walks away.

Ella sits on the chair and looks at her phone. She sees a text from her co-worker at the flower shop.

"Hey! We should so get drinks tonight! My treat ;) " read Leah's text message.

Ella shakes her head. Leah is her new co-worker at the shop. She's the same age as her, except a bit more scandalous.

"Why? I have to work tomorrow :/"  Ella texts back.

*bing*

"Cuz my friend is bar tending tonight at The Egotism and offered me free drinks! Cmon, they're free! U can't pass that up!!" Leah responds.

Ella rolls her eyes. Leah loves going out and drinking from what it sounds like in her stories that she talks about.

But, Ella has been wanting to get drinks, but she just hasn't got the money for it. Maybe two or three won't hurt her...

-------

Niall is finally home. He opens his front door and walks inside.

"Home Sweet Home," He breathes and drops his luggage in the hallway. He walks toward the kitchen.

He pulls his phone out and sees that it's 9:30pm. He also notices that he has a couple of text messages. Most of them from clients, friends, and Louis.

He looks through his contacts and presses Ella's number.  It goes to voicemail.

He texts her quickly, "hey, I'm back home. Finally. Where are you? Do you want to catch up? Call me later when you can."

He sets his phone down and rushes upstairs to shower.

-----

Niall comes back downstairs after he gets dressed from his shower. He picks up his phone and sees no response from Ella. It's almost 11pm.

"Should I go drive to her place? Make sure she's okay? She usually responds back within an hour..." He thinks out loud and taps his fingers on the counter.

"Yeah, might as well. Better safe than sorry."

-------

He pulls up in front of Ella's little apartment. He sees a light flashing through her window, which means she is home.