Chapter 35

Ella sits down the bed as Niall fixes his hair.

"This is why I wake up early." She says, scrolling through her phone. "Because both of us can't fit in that small bathroom."

"Yeah I know," he runs his hands through his hair. "Thanks babe."

They arrived to L.A. yesterday after grabbing the final papers to read over.

She rolls her eyes. "Uhhh huuhhh."

They will be on their way to the studio to meet up with Adele and her people! Ella is a little nervous but mostly stoked to join.

Niall steps out, button up his shirt. "All right I'm ready to go!" He grabs his phone and keys. "Can't forget these!"

Ella stands up and fixes her cardigan. "You know I don't have to go with you. If you want I can't say here."

"I know." He looks up at her. "But I want to see you meeting Adele."

"Yeah, embarrass myself you mean." She laughs and grabs her shoulder bag. "Let's go, don't want to be late for the queen!"

------------

"I'm thinking maybe using this lyric and switching it with this one." Niall suggests to Rob, Adele's writing partner.

Adele couldn't show up today due to her son being under the weather. However, her writing partner Rob showed up. He and Niall are working on a song for her to record.

"You know sometimes that I'm scared of the dark/But I'm feeling so brave when I'm in your arms/You said my name in the dead of glory/You hold me upright/When I'm sure of falling." Rob says, scribbling down on his notepad. "What else?"

Ella scrolls through her phone. Niall stretches in his chair. "Mmmmm...I think we need a break. What do you think?"

"I agree, I'm starting to get a headache." Rob laughs and sets the notepad down. "20 minute break?"

Niall nods and stands up. "Sounds good!

Rob steps out of the recording studio with a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

"Sorry babe," Niall starts. "If I would've known-"

"It's fine. No big deal. At least I'm here and not stuck in a boring hotel room." She replies and pats the empty spot next to her on the sofa.

He sits down beside her and she immediately cuddles against him. "I don't know how much longer we'll be in here. It can literally be hours."

She grabs his hand and starts playing with his fingers. "Hours? Seriously?"

"Yeah, no joke. Some songs can take days to write. It all depends on how inspired we are."

She shrugs. "It's okay. I like watching you work. It's very interesting. I never knew you had some killer romantic vocabulary. Shit, why don't you ever talk to me romantically?"

"Do you even like that?" He laughs and kisses her forehead. "It's not that interesting."

"I don't know if you never tried it with me!" She presses their hands together. "So, how do you get inspired for certain songs?"