Chapter 7

Niall wakes up by a sound of a kettle whining. He groans and puts his arm over his eyes. What time is it? Why does his neck hurt so bad? He hears Ella move around the kitchen. That's right....today he's taking her shopping for the Grammys.

"Niall, are you awake?" Ella says. "I don't hear you snoring."

"I don't snoooree!" Niall whines and pulls his blanket up to his chin.

"Yeah you do silly. I heard you snoring during the night. Anyway, I love your kitchen! It's so big!" He can hear Ella coming closer.

He opens his eyes and looks at her. She's still in her PJs from last night. When they arrived at his house, he showed her around the 2 story house quickly. Told her to make herself comfortable while he tried to sleep on the couch in the living room.

"Thanks, I hope you made me tea too. I prefer mine with 2 sugars," he smirks.

"Actually, I did, but I put 1 and a half sugars," Ella says and hands him the cup. "I can put in some more if you want."

"Nah, it's okay," he says sitting up and grabs the cup, not paying attention to the blanket sliding off his chest.

"What time is it anyway?" Niall takes a sip and watches as Ella sits at the end of the couch.

"It's about 9:30 a.m.," she pulls her knees up to her chest. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah," he lies. "I hope you did as well."

"Yeah, comfy bed you got there." Ella sips her tea and clears her throat. "Um, have you told Louis yet?"

"No, I will later though. Have you seen anything on the media?"

Ella nods slowly and sets her tea on the arm of the couch. "Yeah, speculation from last night. I saw online an article saying 'Is Niall's mystery girlfriend hiding something? Past lover reveals secrets..."

Niall rolls his eyes. "That's bullshit. Don't worry about it though. We'll handle this."

Ella sighs and lays her chin on her knees. "I just don't want to make you look bad..."

"I know," Niall tells her and shrugs. "It's really dumb how he had to blackmail you. What a freaking arse. Does he even have proof?"

"Proof?" Ella asks, confused.

"Yeah, since he was your past lover," Niall says and sees the shocked expression on her face. "Wait, you two didn't like...do it? And like...snapshot it..?"

"No! Of course not!" Ella makes a face and fakes a shiver. "That's gross, the snapshoting it I mean. I'm not that dumb..."

"I know you aren't Ella," Niall blinks back the tiredness. "We should have thought of a plan for a case like this."

A case like this. Niall wants to know whether are more guys, what they did, what she let them do, whether she'll let him-no. Stop. Stop. Stop.

"I know, but Niall we didn't know this was going to happen," Ella says, interuppting his thoughts.

"Don't worry, like I said, we'll figure something out," he sips his tea and sighs deeply. "C'mon, let's not speak of this any longer. We have a long, exciting day ahead of us! Let's drink the rest of our tea and start getting ready."

------------------------------------

"Really Niall? Really?" Ella says.

"What? Do you not have faith in me?" he asks.

"You didn't have to like...clear out a whole store for me." she runs her hand through her wavy hair. "I'm not the queen of England. Isn't this a bit too much?"