Chapter 6

"That's great mate!" Ed yells from across the studio room. "Put that line down! Ah perfect wording!"

Niall smiles to himself and quickly jots the words down on the music sheets.

"Have you thought of a title yet?" Ed asks as he pours a cup of tea.

"No, not yet mate. Eventually it'll come to me," Niall replies and leans back in his chair. "Excited for the Grammys next week?"

"Hell yeah! What about you?"

"Stoked! I can't wait for your performance though. I bet it's going to be killer!" Niall grabs his phone from the sound board and sees a text message from Ella.

"I'm tired and bored. This lady ordered a crap load of flowers for a party tonight. Ughh. :( how's the writing session going?"

"Texting your girl, hm?" Ed grins before taking a sip of his tea.

"She's not really my girl, but yeah. She finally went back to work once the paps cleared her workplace."

"Damn. She sure sounds like a strong woman. I mean, I wouldn't put up with you as my fake lover. I can barely handle being friends with you." Ed teases.

Niall rolls his eyes. "Hey now, I'm the bestest friend you've ever had you arse. Anyway, she is strong. I can't wait for you two to meet at the Grammys."

"Sure you are," he turns his back towards Niall. "So, how long is this thing going to last?"

"I don't know. Months I reckon." Niall says as he texts back Ella. "I'm sorry you had a large order :( it's going well. Want me to pick you up later?"

"Right, right," Ed says. "Have you two...kissed? I haven't seen anything in the papers. But like...behind the scene kiss?"

Niall raises an eyebrow. "Nosy much? But nah, she's not interested in me THAT way."

"How do you know? Has she told you?"

"Well, no..." Niall tilts his head at Ed. "Where are you going with this Sheeran?"

Ed smiles innocently and cups his tea. "I'm just asking mate. You never know what could...develop in those few months."

Niall opens his mouth to argue when his phone vibrates.

"It's okay, I like smelling roses :) and yes please?" reads Ella's text.

"Oh, so you're a rose type of girl hm? I'll keep that in mind ;) and no problem. Pick you up at 6:00?" Niall quickly texts back.

"And that my friend is the face of someone who is crushing," Ed says casually and throws a wad of paper at Niall's head.

"Hey!" Niall says. "That's not true!"

"Sure, whatever you say Niall." Ed smirks and sits down on the chair opposite of Niall. "C'mon, let's add a chorus to that song!"

========================

Niall crosses the road towards Ella's work place. It's about 5:50p.m., hopefully he'll catch her by surprise. When he enters, he is immediately greeted by an older woman.

"Hi, how may I help you?" says the older woman.

"I'm just here to pick up Ella," Niall replies.

"Oh! Niall Horan?! Oh hello sir! We've heard so much about you from little Ella and of course the papers." The woman says and wipes her hands on her apron. "She's somewhere in the back. You may go in since we're about to close down."

"Thank you ma'am," Niall says before retreating to the back room. He pushes the double doors open and immediately sees the vast variety of flowers. He takes a deep breath in and sighs happily. The different smells of the flowers compliment each other making the room smell wonderful.