Chapter 12

It's been 2 weeks since the trip to New York. Niall and Ella have been really busy with work. Niall has been traveling a lot, but without Ella. So the trips have been really lonely. Niall also has been setting up Ella's trip to France for the theater thing with Dean. He hasn't told her a thing though. He did make sure that they both got separate rooms...very far away from each other.

"Niall," Louis says, slamming the book down on the desk. Niall jumps at the sound and shakes his head.

"Hm? Yeah?"

"Mate, I was telling you about the later events you have scheduled. You're blanking off on me. What's on your mind?" Louis looks at him with a confused look.

"Nothing Louis. I've just been busy with writing and stuff." He shrugs and leans against the soft, comfy chair.

"Lies. Are you thinking about her?"

"Ella? No."

"Don't lie to me Niall. I understand though. You haven't seen her since you two landed from NYC. But I reassure you. She's doing fine." Louis grabs a pen and starts writing on the paper pad. "I heard she's going to some theater thing with Dean."

"Yeah, I'm paying for it. I had to convience her to let me pay for it all. It's the least I can do for her." Niall scratches at his scruff on his face. He hasn't shaved in days...

"Yeah? You know I was thinking one day, you two, Harry, me, Zayn, and Liam could all go on a vacation. Like to have fun and relax. You two don't have to worry much about paps." Louis keeps writing. "I think the both of you could use some time to relax with no worries. Although you haven't seen each other in two weeks, ya' still have to be careful. But with the vacation, naahh!"

Niall nods and thinks about it. A nice get-a-away with his buddies and Ella. Seems nice. They could all have fun and relax together. Niall can swim in the ocean, if they go to the beach. While Ella could be sun bathing...ohh.

"Yeah, I think that'd be really nice. Ella would love it. Just tell me when so I can tell her before hand." Niall feels his phone vibrate and he grabs it from his pocket.

"Hiiiiiii :) I heard you're back in town! I miss your weirdness Horan. :( Can we see other tonight?" reads Ella's text.

"Is it Ella?" Louis asks, grinning.

"Yeah, she wants to meet up tonight." Niall replies without looking at Louis. He feels Louis' grin radiating off his face. Bastard.

"Yeah I just landed this morning. How did you know, creeper? I'm with Louis going over some more events. I'm not weird :( but yes, I'd like to meet up tonight. Want me to pick you up at work?"

"Mhmmm, careful Horan. Don't want you to hurt my friend."

Niall raises his brow at him. "What do you mean? How can I hurt her?"

Louis sighs and sets his pen down. "Ella is a likeable girl. Very likeable. So, what I'm trying to say is that...don't get caught up in this fake relationship. It's only temporary. Don't make HER fall in love with you, so that way when it does end, it won't hurt as much."

Niall furrows his brows together and bites his lip. It's more like the other way around...

"Don't worry mate. I know."

Louis nods. "I know that'll be tough. But try okay? I don't wany anyone getting hurt."

Niall knows. He knows. But...he can't help himself being interested in Ella. She's just...different.

*BUZZ*

"Yeah, that'd be fine. :) I get off at 6 tonight. x"

"Okay, so I guess since you're not hearing me anymore. I'll just send you the dates in an email." Louis says. "Harry and I will take care of the vacation thing and get back at you."