Chapter 49

"Hey Louis." Niall says nonchalantly as he enters his office.

Louis is sitting down in the chair with his briefcase. "What are you doing tonight?"

"Not much, just chilling." He wipes his face with the towel Paul gave him. "What's up?"

"I think I figured out how to handle your comeback." Louis starts. "First, we need some PR. Good PR...like rumors of you getting back in the studio for yourself. Okay? We put out a single unexpectedly and see how everyone reacts. Then if the reaction is good, we can continue recording an album. Before your album comes out, we need you to have some rumors going around. Have you thought about the gir-"

"I don't want a girlfriend Louis," Niall interrupts. "I honestly don't. I can handle it."

Louis eyes him down. "Oh? Well...hm, I figured. I saw you and Ella behind the house..."

Oh. Shit.

"Oh? You did?" Niall rubs his neck.

"Listen, I'm not going to say anything about it. That's your decision what you want to do with her. Just you know what you're getting her into." Louis says sternly.

"I know. She knows." Niall says and shrugs. "It's not that serious right now."

"Right." Louis smirks. "So, what are we going to do about her then?"

"I want her to be in the public with me. Honestly. I'm approaching this very differently...hoping I can find that spark."

"Right," Louis says. "Well, good luck."

"Don't you think it'll be a good story though? 'Horan rekindles flame with Ex-girlfriend?' Can you imagine the rumors. My name will definitely be out there."

"But will it be a good thing? In all aspect Niall." Louis tilts his head. "Do you think it's going be the best?"

"I don't know Louis." Niall shrugs. "All I know is, we are working it out. I want to comeback into the industry as a singer again."

Louis raises an eyebrow. "Right. So, you deny the fake girlfriend in hopes that Ella will somehow end up being your girlfriend?"

Niall nods.

"Rigghhhtt," Louis stands up. "Well, we will discuss this another day. I just came by to check on you. Good thing I did."

"Louis," Niall says. "Don't be frustrated. I know the thing with Ella is a bit sketchy, but trust me on this."

Louis narrows his eyes. "Right. Trust you."

----------

The next few days Niall had to spend it in his office and going out for meetings. Meanwhile Ella went back to her place to get situated again.

She was cleaning up her kitchen when her phone started ringing.

"Hello?" She says, putting it on speakers.

"Ella! It's Eleanor. Hey, how are you? I heard you're back home?" Eleanor says.

"Hey, I'm all good. Just cleaning the place up a bit. What's up? Did I miss anything while I was gone?"

"Not much besides I had to quit my job because my boss was being an ass to me." Eleanor sighs. "So now I need to find a job."

"Wow. That truly sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. But speaking of job, I really should contact Becky. I need to go back to work. I'm amazed she hasn't fired me yet." Ella puts away her plates. "Maybe I can put in a good word for you?"