Chapter 43

"Eleanor, this isn't what you think it is!" Ella groans as she curls her hair.

Eleanor rolls her eyes and flicks her wrist. "Ella! I'm telling you. This isn't JUST a regular hang out session!"

"He just wants to have dinner!" Ella pulls the curler away. "Just dinner."

"Yeah because he wants desert later," Eleanor mumbles and looks away.

Ella throws her brush at her, causing her to squeal. "Hey now! Quit throwing things! It's true!"

"No, he knows I'm talking to Jamie. He knows the situation there."

"But does he care? Does that motivate him to chase after you?" Eleanor sips her tea. "Because, damn, I think this is his first step of getting you back."

"Eleanor, he cares...but as a friend. He and I care about each other like friends. We discussed it already." Ella pulls her hair into a half up-do.

"Mmm," Eleanor makes a face. "We'll see. So what outfit you're going to wear?"

"Probably just the regular jeans and cute shirt with my cardigan." Ella grabs the Bobby pins. "Not sure yet."

"Is this a casual date?"

"Not a date, but it is casual. He told me to not worry about dressing up."

"Hm," Eleanor stands up and walks over to Ella's closet. "I think skinny jeans, sneakers, a cute button up shirt, and a cardigan will be good."

Ella nods and pulls out her make up bag. "Sounds good to me. Now help me with this damn eyeliner."
-------

Niall pulls up in front of Ella's flat. He checks himself in the mirror and opens the car door. He walks up to her front door and gently knocks.

"Come inside!" He hears her yell and he opens the door.

"Hey Ella! It's Niall. I'm here!" He says walking inside and towards her bedroom.

"Listen, I heard about this awesome arcade place. Brand new! I heard it was awesome!" He explains. "Thought we could go!"

Suddenly, he's faced with a crying Ella.

"Ella, what's wrong?" He says, rushing over to her bed. She's sitting ontop of it, legs crossed, her face in her hands.

"Jamie," she cries. "We had an argument and he got mad. And that got me mad....and...and..." She sniffs and wipes her eyes.

"And what?" He says, wrap an arm around her. "What did he say to you?"

"He found out I was with you and not at Louis'. One of his friends was at the party and told him. I don't know who though since I don't know many of them." Ella pulls her knees up. "And...he got really mad that I lied. And he thinks I cheated on him."

"Cheated? But you two aren't dating?"

"That's what I told him! And that got him more mad. He thought it was 'implied.' And so I told him the truth about the party and that you took care of me...at least I didn't go home with a stranger." She starts to cry again. "And then...he had the guts to tell me to stop talking to you."