Chapter 37

It's the day of the party, Ella made some calls a few days ago trying to find a date. All her friends are busy or not in town.

Two days ago, she texted Harry the situation and he told her he will set her up with a fellow gay friend. Ella was so desperate she agreed.

She sits down on her bed, dressed and ready to go. Her "date" was running a few minutes behind. His name is Nick Grimshaw and he is apparently one of Louis' and Harry's great friends. And fun guy to be around.

Moments later, she hears a knock on her door and she walks over and opens the door.

"Hello Ella!" Says Nick cheerily. "Are you ready for an awesome night? Mission "Make Your Ex Jealous!'"

Ella laughs and shakes her head. "That's not the reason why I'm going!"

"You sure?" He winks and flicks his wrist. "You know, I graduated from theater school. I'm capable of acting very straight. Just say it and I'll act like a total straight man!"

She laughs again and grabs her purse. "Oh Jesus, let's go before we're super late."

---------

They arrive at Liam's house outside of London. He moved out from his small apartment and into a two story house.

As  they pull up, Ella can see a lot of people already entering the house.

"Man, this guy really needs to trim his bushes." Nick says as he parks his car next to the curb. "I'm sure I can offer my services. Ya know, if he's gay."

"He's actually straight. The party is for his girlfriend." Ella laughs and fixes her make up. "Do I look okay?"

"Yes! I told you so many times you look fantastic!" Nick says and turns off the car. "Are you ready? Remember, don't interact with him."

"Who knows if he'll even show up," she says, putting her purse away. "He probably won't show up. Why would he?"

They get out of the car and walk up to the front door. She can hear music playing and people cheering. The door is wide open so they walk inside like nothing.

"Damn, I wish I was his girlfriend." Nick says, grabbing Ella's hand.

There had to be about 200 people at the party. The DJ was playing Usher and flashing lights are everywhere. She sees people chugging beer and shots. She sees a couple making out on the stairs.

"Hey Ella!" She hears behind her. She turns around and sees Liam.

"Hey Liam!" She says. "Liam, meet Nick, he's my date for the night."

Liam and Nick shake hands. "Nice to meet you, Nick!" Liam replies. "Thanks for helping us."

"It's cool," Nick smiles. "So, is he here?"

"Not yet," Liam says and sips his drink. "He said he would be here. Shit, he probably is here and I haven't seen him. Anyway, my girlfriend is probably needing my help in the backyard. I'll catch up with y'all later! Enjoy the party!"

Liam leaves them and Nick looks at Ella. "So what do we do?"

She shrugs and grabs his hand. "Let's enjoy the night I guess!"

----------

A couple drinks and shots later, Ella finds herself laughing at Nick hiccuping as he tries to talk. They've been at the party for a good three hours and no signs of Niall yet.

"Oh my god! YAASSS!" Nick says as he drinks. "I love this sonnngggg!!!!"

"Let's danceeee then!" Ella says as she tries to stand up. She falls back down onto the couch and Nick is laughing at her.