𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟐
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
Our first case was a little girl who'd been eating an
orange and stuffed a pip up her nose.

"Is it ok for me to take this one,Leeknow?" Y/N asked.

"Sure."I replied

"Mrs Park, if you'd like to come this way, I'll examine Jiwoo ,"she said with a smile, and ushered the young woman and her daughter through to one of the cubicles.

I could hear Y/N talking, all calm and reassuring with the mum.

I liked the way she was interacting with her patient. She was straightforward, explaining things using simple and easy terms without frightening either the child or the parent,

She seem to be good to work with.
I also liked what I'd seen of the rest of the team so far.

Making a fresh start here at Seoul National University Hospital was definitely a good idea.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N's POV
"We see lots of small children who've stuffed some thing they shouldn't up their nose." I said "and I want to avoid putting Jiwoo through a general anaesthetic and an operation if we can."

I took out a penlight torch and looked up Jiwoo's nose with it.
"I can see the pip very clearly, but because it's hard and round I can't put a crocodile clip up Jiwoo's nose to grab it. I can't ask her to blow her nose, either, as she's too little to be able to blow it with the force she'd need to get the pip out, so I'm going to need your help with this. Is that OK?" I asked Mrs Park.

"Yes, of course. Just tell me what I need to do." Mrs Park said.

I laid Jiwoo down on the bed with her head on the pillow and block the nostril that hasn't got the orange pip in it. Then I asked her to blow into her mouth.

This should make the pip pop straight out. Eventhough this doesn't always work.

"I wouldn't ever advise you to try doing this at home if she does this again."
I warned "because it's much safer to do it in hospital where we can act straight away if it doesn't work. But if it does work, that means we don't have to worry about an operation."

As I was carrying out the necessary procedures I could feel Leeknow looking at my side of the cabin from time to time watching my actions. I felt slightly nervous under his gaze.

"Yay, it's out!" I said as the organe pip got out of Jiwoo's nose."Well done for being so brave, Jiwoo. And thank you, Mrs Park."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Leeknow's POV
I didn't hear the rest of the conversation as I was busy with my own first patient but I was pretty sure it would involve a special sticker for her patient and a reassuring smile for the mum. Just as I would've done if I had been the doctor treating young Jiwoo.

On first impressions, I like Y/N a lot.
But I am not going to act on the pull of attraction I felt towards her. I have already learned it the hard way not to risk my heart again. I had lost too much, last time.

My marriage, my daughter and my belief in love.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Will Leeknow's past stop him from starting a new chapter with someone??

What was it that was really stopping him from doing so.....??

Do vote and support ❤️😊