𝐂 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 - 𝟗
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N 's POV
Jisung swallowed hard. "But I do feel guilty, Y/N. If it wasn't for us, You'd be married to Hyunjin by now."

"And we'd probably be divorced." I pointed out dryly."Marrying him would've been a huge mistake."

Jisung frowned. "Would it? Because I worry that you're lonely."

"I don't need a partner to have a fulfilling life." I said firmly.

I don't want to admit this but yes, sometimes I did feel lonely, When I woke at three in the morning and couldn't sleep.

"And I definitely don't need a partner who's going to issue ultimatums every time I suggest something that doesn't fit in with his world view. Any man who asks me to choose between him and you is going to lose every single time." I said.

Jisung frowned.

"Hyunjin lacked compassion. If anything, you did me a favour, because his reaction to the surrogacy is what made me finally realise that he saw everything in terms of financial cost." I pointed out.

"But being our surrogate lost you your relationship"he argued

"Which wouldn't have worked in the long run, believe me. I don't want to be with someone who puts a price on everything and can't see any value if it cant be counted in cash. That isn't how I see things, and tha kind of attitude makes me really unhappy. Marrying Hyunjin would've been a disaster." I said not liking the idea of dragging this issue.

"With the IVF treatment and the pregnancy, It cost you a year out of your career." Jisung persisted.

"Which I can make up."I fought back.

"And it hit your earnings."he argued back.

That had been one of Hyunjin's biggest arguments and I had despised him for it.
Some things were way, way more important than money. Like my brother's happiness. Family. Love.

"I really don't care about the money, Sungie. I had savings, and you and Ari helped out with my rent. We managed just fine. It isn't an issue."I said.

"You've got an answer for everything, haven't you?" Jisung asked with a sigh.

"Yup. So, oh, best brother in the world, try to stop worrying about it and let me go and take a peek at my gorgeous niece and I promise not to wake her."

"I love you." Jisung shouts as I leave the kitchen.

"I love you, too." I shout back said with a smile.

I tiptoed upstairs and crept into the nursery. Bora was fast asleep in her cot, with her hands thrown back over her head, looking totally angelic. Although I had given birth to the baby, I'd always considered Bora as being Jisung and Ari's, not mine. And the love I felt for Ava wasn't that of a mother. It was that of a doting aunt. Which was just how it should be, in her view.

"Sleep tight, my beautiful niece."